Donald Trump - President. The Thread - Page 922 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #9211 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 06:23 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2014
Vehicle: 1990 560SEC, 129,00 miles, in good shape, starting to do some small mods-steering wheel, exhaust
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdill View Post
best one evah-
Was a good one, I don't know where he gets then from, the man has a gift.

Last edited by Doc Zinger; 04-23-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9212 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 07:21 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
He sure ain't his daddy, but he's closer than most in the GOP, in rhetoric at least, to the days when they were for small government. My feed said he allegedly got confirmation from the nominee that he viewed our war in Iraq to be a mistake, agreeing with DJT, so he agreed to approve. Seems cheap, to me, to agree starting a war 15 years ago was a mistake.
GreenT likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9213 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2016
Vehicle: 2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT
Dunno, nor do I care about her supporters, but it seems to me that in the video she was simply stating support demographics at the time. Both hers and his.
You should, or should have. You've gone on extensively about White supremacists supporting Trump and him going along with his base. Same needs to apply to Mrs. Clinton as well; that racial misandry from her base is what she represents and who she will listen to first, just like with Trump. So, yes, it is important to look at who supports a candidate. And, supporting that racial misandry, Mrs. Clinton herself took it racial. Even she eventually had to admit how stupid that was, but by then, Black voters had gotten pissed at that and had given Obama his "string of wins", because she yet again showed her...well, "colors".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
And I don't even like or voted for either one.
Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
If you wanted to show racism from Clinton, you didn't go back far enough...

https://youtu.be/j0uCrA7ePno

https://youtu.be/8k4nmRZx9nc
Ah, yes, the "superpredators" statement. Agreed; all the more reason not to vote for Mrs. Clinton. Then, 20 years later, in August 2015, she went and dissed Black people who raised legitimate concerns about her stance on Black people both getting shot and mass-incarcerated.

Part 1:

Part 2:

And yet she seems to want to blame everyone but herself for not winning the election. Can't say Trump's my favorite--far from it--but Mrs. Clinton was an absolute no-go for me, for the reasons I've stated.
post #9214 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10625 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Twitter

Quote:
Rear Adm. Ronny Jackson, President Trump's pick to lead the Veterans Affairs Department, has been accused of creating a hostile work environment, drinking while on duty and improperly prescribing drugs to staff during his time as White House doctor to two administrations, according to Montana Sen. Jon Tester.

Tester, the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee, detailed the allegations Tuesday in an interview with NPR's All Things Considered.

"All I can tell you is we didn't initiate this discussion," Tester told host Ari Shapiro. "This discussion came when we were notified by folks who work with admiral Jackson, folks in the military."

Twitter
post #9215 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
President Trump just dumped White House physician Ronny L. Jackson, his ill-chosen nominee to become the Veterans Affairs secretary. Oh, Trump still insists he supports the well-liked doctor, but make no mistake about it: Jackson has been shown the door.

When Trump was asked about the troubled nomination during a joint news conference alongside French President Emmanuel Macron, Trump claimed: “I said to Dr. Jackson, what do you need it for?”

“The fact is I wouldn’t do it. I wouldn’t do it. What does he need it for? To be abused by a bunch of politicians that aren’t thinking nicely about our country? I really don’t think personally he should do it but it’s totally his — I would stand behind him — totally his decision,” Trump said.

Jackson, a Navy rear admiral, was a poor selection from the start, given his lack of experience at running anything that resembles the gargantuan agency that features more than 375,000 employees and a budget that exceeds $185 billion. Then came word late Monday that his confirmation hearing before the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs was being delayed because of allegations the panel received regarding Jackson’s oversight of the White House medical staff, as well as his conduct while in that job.

[Veterans, tell us: How can the next VA secretary improve your health care?]

The president did not pretend to make an argument that Jackson is actually qualified for the job of running a department that Trump has insisted is one of his top priorities. Instead, he said pretty much the opposite: “I know there’s an experience problem, because lack of experience. But there’s an experience problem — the Veterans Administration is very important to me.”

Trump should not blame the ugliness of the confirmation process, when the real fault is entirely his own. Again and again, this president has made personnel decisions the way he did on “Celebrity Apprentice”: based on his own whims, rather than anything that resembles a conventional vetting process.

In this case, it was Trump’s impulsive decision to abruptly fire David Shulkin, the previous VA secretary, with a tweet, and replace him with a doctor known mostly for an effusively rosy public assessment of the president’s own health.

At the news conference, Trump repeated — no fewer than six times — the question he claimed to have put to Jackson: What does Jackson need this job for?

But if the president had actually posed that question, the nominee apparently did not get the message. On Tuesday afternoon, Jackson was still making the rounds of Senate offices on Capitol Hill. Pulled aside in a hallway by NBC News, Jackson expressed disappointment that the committee had postponed his appearance, and said, “I’m looking forward to the hearing, so we can sit down and I can explain everything to everyone and answer all the senators’ questions.”

Now, it looks like that opportunity may never come.

So yes, in one sense, it was reasonable that Trump would ask why Jackson would want a post for which he was completely unqualified, or be willing to endure the process of getting it. The problem is, Trump should have done that before he offered it.

Doni likes this.
post #9216 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyt View Post
Y..... Can't say Trump's my favorite--far from it--but Mrs. Clinton was an absolute no-go for me, for the reasons I've stated.
So, sounds like Clinton was an absolute no-go, but Trump maybe not your favorite, but good enough to go with?

Jim
post #9217 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 1984 300D turbo 1982 380SL 1981 380SL 1984 300SD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
So, sounds like Clinton was an absolute no-go, but Trump maybe not your favorite, but good enough to go with?

Jim

The ends justify the means, apparently.
Doni likes this.
post #9218 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: '71 280se 3.5 cab
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbarz View Post
The ends justify the means, apparently.

for convenience evangelicals got rid of the whole ten commandments thingy, new testament, blah, blah, blah

and just boiled the whole concept down to one-
Doni likes this.
post #9219 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Thou shall win the election no matter what?
post #9220 of 15223 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: Vogon constructor fleet.
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2279 Post(s)
Quote:
for convenience evangelicals got rid of the whole ten commandments thingy, new testament, blah, blah, blah

I like Carlin's take on this one.

Shane and GreenT like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in