Vehicle: zero
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3294 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefvetw124lover View Post
Multipurpose - you are right
but where was your outrage about this

spare me your fake outrage and complete hypocrisy
The first time it's ever been posted here....congratulations!

But 43's pics like that were posted here.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10652 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by oefvetw124lover View Post
and again
where is your EVIDENCE about your previous accusation ?????
I posted links to each

reserved.
post #10653 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 1984 300D turbo 1982 380SL 1981 380SL 1984 300SD
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
I hope that I don't offend anyone by saying this, because that's not my intention. It's just the truth as I see it.

I consider it a valid reason to completely discount any argument that is based on a quote from the Bible.

"Revealed truth" is useless. Your religious books are not just worthless as guides to good moral behavior, but actively harmful. Take your Torah, Bible, Q'ran, and every other document that is supposed to have been written by the invisible sky god and flush it down the toilet and forget it ever existed. All of humanity will be better off for it.

It's the 21st century and it's time to use reason and rational arguments as guides to the truth.

Ummmmmmmmm......so I guess that you believe that you can either derive the absolutes from your reason alone, or that there are no absolutes.

Not a new approach.

But not a successful one, yet, either.

You want rebellion ?

You got it.

Make Rebellion Great Again.
post #10654 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: '74 & '78 450 SEL
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbarz View Post
Ummmmmmmmm......so I guess that you believe that you can either derive the absolutes from your reason alone, or that there are no absolutes.

Not a new approach.

But not a successful one, yet, either.

You want rebellion ?

You got it.

Make Rebellion Great Again.

Since no one seems to care that this thread has taken a right angle turn, I'll respond to this.

Some things in this universe are absolute. Some are not. This is an inevitable consequence of the laws of nature as we have discovered them based on our ability to reason. The ideas that we humans hold as true tend to be far more accurate when we use a rational approach to discovery than when we rely on the compilations of sacred stories that were written thousands of years ago.

For example, we know that when a person has a chronic condition of uncontrollable seizures, then it is caused by a misfiring of neurons in the brain and it's called epilepsy. It is not caused by possession of the devil.

This approach is new, compared to the traditional one. Religious inspired knowledge is as old as humanity itself. That's at least 100,000 years - maybe even twice that long. The new approach is sometimes called science and it's really only a few hundred years old.

I will absolutely stand by the success rate of the new approach. Compared to the old one, it's no contest. And I've been part of the rebellion to replace the old with the new for my entire adult life.
post #10655 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 1984 300D turbo 1982 380SL 1981 380SL 1984 300SD
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbar View Post
Since no one seems to care that this thread has taken a right angle turn, I'll respond to this.

Some things in this universe are absolute. Some are not. This is an inevitable consequence of the laws of nature as we have discovered them based on our ability to reason. The ideas that we humans hold as true tend to be far more accurate when we use a rational approach to discovery than when we rely on the compilations of sacred stories that were written thousands of years ago.

For example, we know that when a person has a chronic condition of uncontrollable seizures, then it is caused by a misfiring of neurons in the brain and it's called epilepsy. It is not caused by possession of the devil.

This approach is new, compared to the traditional one. Religious inspired knowledge is as old as humanity itself. That's at least 100,000 years - maybe even twice that long. The new approach is sometimes called science and it's really only a few hundred years old.

I will absolutely stand by the success rate of the new approach. Compared to the old one, it's no contest. And I've been part of the rebellion to replace the old with the new for my entire adult life.

Not the matter of the rebellion to which I refer.

There are no absolutes in the physical realm which you can demonstrate based upon your sense knowledge.

What absolutes are you referring to, that you know so well ?

I am pretty sure that you have not demonstrated with any certainty (or as an absolute) that fallen angels, which you term demons, do not exist.
post #10656 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 06:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 92 300CE/1996 mustang cobra (supercharged)/12 Civic/15 F150/04 F150 mud truck
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to oefvetw124lover Send a message via Yahoo to oefvetw124lover
Talking the age of lies and distractions

we squirrel all the time
none of our posts can stay on topic
its the age we live in

the age of lies and distractions

Carl J. J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Veteran
Great state of NY, USA

Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today."
post #10657 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 06:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Calling all thread police... we have a runway topic, please respond. ASAP

reserved.
post #10658 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Not the matter of the rebellion to which I refer.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
There are no absolutes in the physical realm which you can demonstrate based upon your sense knowledge.

What absolutes are you referring to, that you know so well ?
I've been referring to what we know about the natural world, which is fundamentally based on absolutes. These absolutes have a great amount of influence on our daily lives which is why they are predictable at a certain level. But when nature becomes very complex, there is less predictability and the absolutes disappear, to be replaced by probabilities. Extremely complex phenomena - like human behavior - become very unpredictable.

Here's some examples of absolutes:

-- Planck's constant. This is a unit of length that represents the smallest possible "piece" of the universe. Labelled "hbar".
-- The speed of light. Labelled "c".
-- Laws of conservation and laws of symmetry.

These absolutes (and a great many others) are not arguable. I genuinely don't understand what your disagreement is with me unless you're trying to make some kind of religious point. If so, then you'll have to be a bit more clear.

Quote:
I am pretty sure that you have not demonstrated with any certainty (or as an absolute) that fallen angels, which you term demons, do not exist.

Since I'm arguing from the standpoint of truths of nature, I'm using the language of science, which has no relevance to your assertion that angels might exist. I'm not interested in trying to disprove the existence of God or any other supernatural being. Such a thing is impossible to do, by definition.

Every major religion including the 4 billion Christians and Muslims in the world value FAITH over evidence. Proof is irrelevant or even undesirable. If you use the Bible or the Q'ran as your moral compass, then you shouldn't care at all what "proof" I can or can't provide or what "absolutes" I describe in nature.

This is my final post on this issue so this thread can get back on topic. Respond if you want, but I'm done.

Last edited by hbar; 08-04-2018 at 07:19 PM.
post #10659 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Quote:
Quite right. I believe I might know one by name: Russell. And I do believe Russell has a teapot.
hbar likes this.

"2016 will go down in history as the year America lowered its expectations beneath the threshold of a first world country"
post #10660 of 14884 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Calling all thread police... we have a runway topic, please respond. ASAP

Boo Hoo.

There's more than 10,000 posts in this thread. Six posts of the last few pages take a side trip and heads start spinning around like in "The Exorcist".
RKH and Doni like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in