LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1101 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: '91 560SEC, '91 300SE (sold), '98 Yota, '02 S-10 Hauler
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1282 Post(s)
Garage
And here I thought all along that diesel was the way to go for a cruiser, racing or hot rodding will remain with gassers. The electrics are coming along but I can't afford one and any long distance trips that I would do would have to be in a gas powered car because the "charger grid" isn't out there and takes so long to recharge vs a gas refill. And for those out there than want to ban "fossil fuel" vehicles, coal fired electric plants, just where is the juice supposed to come from ? Nuclear power isn't looking too good with Chernobyl and more recently Fukushima as well as others and the solar is limited as well as wind power restrictions (many don't want their beautiful country view to be that of windmills)
stockdill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1102 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2013
Vehicle: '71 280se 3.5 cab
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2019 Post(s)
i don't think fossil fuels are going anywhere for a long time

and i think its great that a cleaner energy option is rapidly becoming more mainstream-

it isn't one over the other, its both.
post #1103 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdill View Post

and i think its great that a cleaner energy option is rapidly becoming more mainstream-

That's right, the one who suggested this also claimed that jet planes should be banned in the US, she's a nut case little girl that's only been a bartender and now claims to have all the answers to the world's problems LOL she don't even know all of the questions or how our goobernment even works
post #1104 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10612 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooky_chew_bacca View Post
That's right, the one who suggested this also claimed that jet planes should be banned in the US, she's a nut case little girl that's only been a bartender and now claims to have all the answers to the world's problems LOL she don't even know all of the questions or how our goobernment even works

That's it, I'm coming to Atlanta to kick your ugly ass, Bruce.

She's not doing any of what you claim, no banning of airplanes, gas powered cars, or any other nonsense. At all. Read the Green New Deal to realize what it is... a framework for legislators of any party to propose new ideas regarding how to reduce emissions, lower CO2 levels, create jobs, help communities like yours.

It is not a law or decree or bill... it's a proposal.

As far as her bartending and qualifications, she's not also the youngest ever congresswoman, but a college educated 28 year old that in 2007 won an award in science for her studies on antioxidants... while still in High School.

Quote:
In 2007, Ocasio-Cortez won a prize at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in microbiology. The ISEF isnít your standard panorama-filled science fair: Itís the largest pre-college scientific research event in the world. She entered in her senior year of high school with a project on Caenorhabditis elegan (C. elegan) lifespan extension, with her findings indicating that ďantioxidants could potentially help prevent degenerative illnesses induced by oxidative stress.Ē

Twitter

She's smarter and more qualified than 99% of the critters crawling around DC... specially the one sitting at the WH.

https://www.societyforscience.org/co...d-capitol-hill
post #1105 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
That's it, I'm coming to Atlanta to kick your ugly ass, Bruce.
Yeah c'mon you bringin' the boots or should I supply them I think we can agree to disagree here, there ARE some who have no business being in DC (and even more have overstayed their welcome) and quite a few need to be locked away in an old folks home that features rubber rooms (so they won't hurt themselves)

Oh, just don't come up on the week of the 1st (Spring Break) as my son will be here and occupying his room while he visits and road trips to Albany Ga to secure a house for his Residency. WOO HOO, the soon to be DR Robert Beveridge will be graduating Med School in May
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robert The Graduate.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2498334  
Donf, GreenT and stockdill like this.
post #1106 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: vintage
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Quote:

In China they are encouraging the use of electric vehicles - yet building something like one coal-fired power station a week to service them...
Donf likes this.
post #1107 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: vintage
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC
Funny enough, one of the compounds I tested yielded unusually promising results for cellular health + C. elegan lifespan extension.

When I tried to find out why the compound wasnít pursued more, one of the explanations given to me was that pharma lobbyists worked against it.

Wouldn't one reasonably expect that someone who'd studied an organism intensively would know how to spell it? Oh yeah, I forgot, 'Tough gig English (and Latin) Heh'

And stand-by for 'Big oil worked against the perpetual motion engine....'
post #1108 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 1995 S500 - 1986 420SEL
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 10612 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yeah c'mon you bringin' the boots or should I supply them I think we can agree to disagree here, there ARE some who have no business being in DC (and even more have overstayed their welcome) and quite a few need to be locked away in an old folks home that features rubber rooms (so they won't hurt themselves)

Oh, just don't come up on the week of the 1st (Spring Break) as my son will be here and occupying his room while he visits and road trips to Albany Ga to secure a house for his Residency. WOO HOO, the soon to be DR Robert Beveridge will be graduating Med School in May

Congrats, Bruce! One for the kid's accomplishment and second for... thank god he's not as ugly as you are.

wooky_chew_bacca likes this.
post #1109 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2014
Vehicle: 2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2603 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

That's right, the one who suggested this also claimed that jet planes should be banned in the US, she's a nut case little girl that's only been a bartender and now claims to have all the answers to the world's problems LOL she don't even know all of the questions or how our goobernment even works [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/BenzWorld2/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
Barstool philosophers / politicians and barrack room lawyers...
wooky_chew_bacca likes this.

Last edited by IWantedaJag; 03-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.
post #1110 of 1385 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 06:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: S Klass 500
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Yammie is quite right about the BMW, one reason I favour Kawasaki, they away build savagely into their squid missiles.

Last edited by DJ-ZIPPY; 03-25-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Off Topic Section > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in