Vatican issues new sex abuse rules - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2520 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2520 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
I'm keeping one of these for the guest bathroom, but I'll sell the other two. If you've been busted for buying world series tickets on craigslist last year, you know the value of these extraordinary items!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinn View Post
It has been implied since the Church's founding that child molestation is quite obviously not compatible with clergy behavior. While I do not defend the bishops for doing so, you can certainly understand just how damaging a child molestation case can be in a Catholic community, and why the Church would go into panic mode to keep the matter from entering the public arena, especially in a time when Church recruitment is down to some of its lowest numbers in its history.
Nope, sorry. I can't at all begin to understand why the church would try to keep something like this from going public. Recruitment numbers are down, so just sweep instances of priests fondling, fucking, and sodomizing children under the rug? Are you serious???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfinn
For those of you simpletons out there who want to write off the entire class of priests..
If it makes me a simpleton to say that it's not OK to fuck children and it's not OK to cover for others who fuck children and it's not OK to support through donations or church attendance those who fuck children, then so be it. I'd rather be a simpleton than be party to the devastation of so many lives.
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Some, including the British newspaper The Guardian, have called on the Vatican to allow its priests to marry. There is no biblical injunction against it, and celibacy was not required of priests until Pope Benedict VIII decreed that so in 1022, in a move some commentators interpret as having been driven by a fear that inheritances might cost the church property.
There is no doctrinal reason to not allow priests to marry.

Quote:
Changing the doctrine would not entirely solve the problem -- just as current Catholic priests who have taken oaths of chastity rape minors, so too could married priests -- but churches that allow their priests to marry, such as Orthodox and Protestant congregations, have not been besieged by a similar volume of allegations.
It would act as a prevention, not a cure.

Catholic Church's Crisis Renews Calls for Married and Female Priests

Or the faithful could give this a try:

Priest Off: Scientically Designed to Repel Pedophile Priests! From the Left
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 96 E-320, 91 190E, various and sundry Euro and American vehicles
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was always informed when it comes to name calling, the person doing so has lost sensibilities and has to resort to it.
It seems to fit.

aardvark
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1985 mb 300sd
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I was always informed when it comes to name calling, the person doing so has lost sensibilities and has to resort to it.
It seems to fit.

aardvark
Here we go again. Aard backing the heirarchy. Even when it so obviously encourages a cult of molestation in the name of Christ Jesus our Lord etc etc No where any where does it say that religious leaders must be celibate. What group of an endless succession of educated fools came up with this one I wonder or was it indeed bookkeeping and ensuring that the wealth always went to the church when a priest breathed his last.
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Who's backing a (church) heirarchy, Cap't ?
I've always stated church teaching is nothing without it being based on Christ.
My support is for the Catholics and clergy (or any other Christian religion) who are devout followers of Christ, "only". Christ IS the Trinity. Christ, like God and the Spirit, they were there from the beginning as one.

The remainder and other teachings in the Christian collective are misdirected, and should be avoided.

I don't know how you (or others, for that matter) read these things into anything I type(d). I support no one church for the sake of a church. I support a church as a means of finding and following Christ. Simple as that.

aard
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Oh, and Cap't, there is a basis for celibacy , and yet I think the Catholic church reads the intent wrong. But that's my opinion.

aard
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 1983 Mercedes 300D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80 View Post
Nope, sorry. I can't at all begin to understand why the church would try to keep something like this from going public. Recruitment numbers are down, so just sweep instances of priests fondling, fucking, and sodomizing children under the rug? Are you serious???

If it makes me a simpleton to say that it's not OK to fuck children and it's not OK to cover for others who fuck children and it's not OK to support through donations or church attendance those who fuck children, then so be it. I'd rather be a simpleton than be party to the devastation of so many lives.
I'm calling you a simpleton because you fail to acknowledge the extraordinary contributions to society that Catholic priests have given, and slander good people who attend the church because of what it stands for, and not only are powerless to do something about events isolated from them, but are unaware of the events until AFTER the matter has become public. I dealt with slogan chanting dipshits unlike yourself in the military and when I came home. Whenever some rail thin hippy carrying a babykiller sign was approached by a uniform they would predictably lose their nerve when I approached them, stated my rank and unit, and asked if they were, in fact calling me a babykiller.

As for the rest of you cunts out there who believe I am vile for trying to maintain my faith in a time when priests outside every parish I have ever attended committed pedophilia, perhaps you would like to put your money where your mouth is, let's see those testes hang down and say that shit to my face. Surely a drive to ny is worth showing a vile pederast sympathizer just how much of a douche he is. I'm game.

Any takers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in