|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|06-20-2019 10:00 AM|
Hi Johnathan, welcome! You may want to change your username ASAP before the email address scrapers find it and unleash a tsunami of spam.
If your car is the base model, we carry these parts for it: https://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/c...5/1440092-e320
If 4Matic: https://www.autohausaz.com/catalog/c...95-e320_4matic
|06-20-2019 08:36 AM|
1.) Sounds like your spark plugs and wires are fine, given that the engine's running more smoothly now. Probably either oxidation or, more likely, oil on the contacts. May be time to replace the valve cover gasket; they start hardening and losing their pliability at about this age. Doesn't hurt to do the plugs, but you may be able to just clean 'em with some brake parts cleaner and Scotchgard and keep steppin'.
2.) SRS-type stuff, get that car on an SDS (STAR Diagnostic System) and find out what's actually wrong. The project 2000 S500 had an SRS light, too. Turned out to be a broken (due to age and use) passenger seat SRS sensor (yep, I've got SDS).
3.) You deactivate it with SDS. I did it with my cars.
4.) Got me there. SDS will allow you to do actuations to help you narrow down where the fault is.
6.) There is a way to make your own switch nubs. However, I would just pull those nubs off of a junker car if you can.
7.) Normally I'd say someone put the wrong coolant in if I see green in there. However, if it's not the bright "fluorescent green", then it is actually possible that the coolant is correct. The spec for our cars calls for either G-05 or G-48 coolant; the original spec is G-05. It's similar to how 236.10 transmission fluid is the original spec for the 722.6 five-speed transmission, though the later 236.14 (developed for the 7-speeds) is also correct. The G-05 is typically yellow/amber, and the G-48 (from Mercedes-Benz) is blue. If someone already had G-05 in the cooling system, and then filled up with some G-48, you'd get a sort of forest green, darker than the Prestone "fluorescent green" color. That said, any "new-to-me" car will get its cooling system properly flushed with distilled water, followed by a 50/50 mix of either G-05 or G-48, just so I'm sure it's done right.
Be sure that your new coolant recovery tank is a Genuine-MB! The Behr "OE" ones are now made in China. The Genuine-MB ones are made in Italy, where Brembo brakes are also made.
|06-19-2019 08:24 PM|
New 2005 e320 w211 owner few questions.
So.i bought a 2005 e320 it's got a few issues lol..
1. It was vibrating like mad thought at first it was the engine mounts however they checked out. So I figured I'd address this later after I cleaned it up. Spent 3 days detailing engine compartment and removed the coil packs to clean the valve covers funny thing is there was a ton of oil and grease built up it had to have impaired the ground on the coil packs because once reassembled all vibrations gonna and mpg went way up!!!. Kinda nice just a cleaning fixed something dor once lol. Question now is I'm going to do spark plugs is it worth doing wires also? Again runs like dream now.
2. The red SRS light is on on the dash also the passenger airbag off orange light above the hazard light switch is also always on and I'm getting that annoying message in the center screen haven't begun to trouble shoot that yet however all fuses are good. Any pointers here appreciated!
3. The SOS tele aid malfunction drive to workshop warning is stuck on. I pressed the I button and was connected to mbrace apparently the old owner had an account. Not sure.if it was still active or not. However I am not keeping mbrace. I was told to take to a dealer and they would register it in my name and then deactivate the tele aid system so as not to see the message anymore for free. Is this true? Is that how to deactivate it? Any inf here would be gately apriciated!!!.
3.5 (if i.do.get tele aid deactivated that would leave 3 buttons in the car unused the wrench the I and the sos button. Anyone know if I could disconnect the sos button from the harness and then use.it.fornmy own purpose? I'm thinking it.would make a nice switch for some led lighting I've been debating on adding? Anyone know if this would cause an error or issue? I'd just be disconnecting it from the harness and adding my own wiring in with it but would disconnecting cause an issue?.
4. The rear sunscreen does not go up on it's own or down. I manually raise and lower it as needed but it's annoying. I'd like to have this working again. Any pointers? Thanks
5. When indid the vid decode I noticed it has option code (580 air conditioner) and also (919 aircon cooling power package) and I see no mention of what this package is? Or what exactly it means. I dont have the rear ac controls or.the digital ac controls up front. Any info here would help tons!!
5.5 the ac is charged I checked it and it's right in specs but it sure doesn't seam to get cold cold any thoughts? Also changed the cabin air filter so thatbis.not the issue.
6. The drivers and passengers memory controls in the door. Drivers side the switch still works but no buttons there broken off but the nubs still there is there any way to replace the switch nubs or just replace entire switch?
7. The coolant recovery tank had a crack so I am replacing it. However I see it has green coolant in it so I'm not sure whatbtontop.it off with? Is it suppose to be green in the 2005 e320 v6 gas or? I'm not 100% it normal green it looks.a shade or two darker. If needed I can get a good photo of the fluid to show ya what I mean if that would help
Again thanks in advance for any info or.pointers you guys have!!!!!