Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1897 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Gasly out, Albon in

Gasly out, Albon in Red Bull has decided to switch Pierre Gasly with Alexander Albon. One hopes that the move won’t come too early for the débutant Albon, as Red Bull has a habit of promoting drivers too early and wrecking their careers. Still, Helmut Marko believes that drivers must sink or swim, which is why he is so short of them...

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00546
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1897 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Alexander Albon: Red Bull promotion in rookie season is 'surreal'

Alexander Albon: Red Bull promotion in rookie season is 'surreal'
Alexander Albon has described his call-up to the Red Bull team "surreal", having only raced in Formula 1 since the beginning of the season.

Albon, who himself was originally dropped by Red Bull before he made it to F1, joined Toro Rosso after Pierre Gasly was promoted for the 2019 season and Red Bull had very few options for the second seat at STR alongside the returning Daniil Kvyat – another driver dropped and re-hired by Red Bull.

As if that wasn't surreal enough for Albon, who looked set to compete in Formula E rather than F1, just 12 races later he's been promoted to the top team alongside Max Verstappen and is understandably thankful for the opportunity.

"Surreal to have been given this massive opportunity [by] Red Bull Racing," he wrote on his social media.

"Can’t thank you enough for believing in me and making this possible. It’s a big jump into the deep end, but I’ve got my swimming shorts on!

"Thanks to all the guys at Toro Rosso, especially [team principal] Franz Tost for the massive opportunity in F1 and never-ending support throughout my first year!

"Now to focus for my first race with the team in Spa."

Albon's promotion doesn't guarantee him a seat next year, with Red Bull insisting it will use the next nine races to evaluate his performance before making a decision on its 2020 driver line-up.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/24066
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in