Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 1988 300CE
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
... Richard Attwood, a pretty quick 78 year old
The man with the white T-shirt in the 3rd video talking & push-starting the 917 with Richard Attwood in it (at 0:44 - 0:47) is Klaus Bischof, one of the engineers during the 917 era.

Don‘t take the last video serious … against a 917, driven like they were driven in the early ‘70s, a 911 GT2RS would stand zero chance.

Here‘s another video of valuable “Group 5“ beauties being carefully paraded on the Goodwood circuit in 2016. The races with these cars in 1970 & 1971 belong to the most impressive motorsport on 4 wheels that I have ever seen. I still have sounds of the 917‘s flat-12 engines from several locations at the old Spa-Francorchamps race track in my head … and pictures of speeds that are not even reached by today‘s F1 cars.

The 917 in the psycholelic colors (#35) and the 917 in the Martini colors (#3) are the ones that are maintained by that race car garage close to my home. They were rebuilt with lots of love and passion … and lots of €€.

Teutone and Noodles like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2014
Vehicle: 1988 300CE
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Here‘s a video with Jackie Stewart talking about Dan Gurney and driving his 1967 Eagle at Goodwood last year.

I took quite a few pictures of Dan Gurney at the pits, in the paddocks and on the track with my first camera as a young boy in the 60‘s, like the one in post 5. Should try to find them. I hope they didn‘t get lost during relocations. Dan Gurney really enriched F1 in the 60‘s, certainly my enthusiasm for it … and I was fascinated by his beautiful 12-cylinder Eagle-Weslake T1G. …

H.D.

Teutone and Noodles like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in