post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 1990 300E, 2002 ML500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Driving Gloves

Well I've decided to get some nice black leather driving gloves, any recommendations. Preferably non-insulated. Any one know of any that has the Mercedes Star on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1985 300 SD
RE: Driving Gloves

Leather gloves! What a capital idea. Make certain that they are kid gloves. You won't regret it. You could send them to MB and ask for the CEO to autograph them and casually and nonchalantly turn them toward the cars beside you so that they could see that you are not to be reckoned with. They may just find out that you were the winner in 86 Sebring races.

Scars! Do not forget that it was a badge of unfathomable courage to have a huge wide and long scar upon your cheek, dangerously close to your eye and threatening the edge of your mouth and if one had scars on both cheeks, it would put goosebumps on the observer when he/she realizes that they are actually seeing, in the flesh, a fine-honed, fearless and disciplined fencing champion in the finest German tradition.

Do not, under any circumstances, fail to get an 8 foot, alabaster white, silk scarf and don it around your neck and have the driver's window half-way down and the passenger's window all of the way down. This will create the Bernouille effect and suck the scarf out your window and it will flutter gloriously in the wind and folks will go ahh and ohh when they see this. Well, when they spy your leather gloves, they will swoon and and be dumb-struck with such stupefaction and lassitude as to lose their water and barely be able to beg for your autograph.

Now, we need a hat. Not just any hat. A hat quite fit for the royalty that your are trying to assume and portray. With the leather gloves, a golden, bejeweled crown studded with rubies, emeralds, diamonds and sapphires may approach doing you justice but perhaps, it is a tad ostentatious. Who among the less than pubescent girliechildren would even suspect that some may even say gaudy and gauch?

The rococo of the gloves, scarf and some form of a crown would render your image in a resplendent manner that could only be excelled if you were to tattoo a silver star on the head of your penis.

Further, if you were to commission the most grandiose tattoo artist to shower the silver star MB emblem all over both cheeks of your posterior then, in additon to all of the above, you could drop your drawers and really show your ass.

Your friend,

Joe

Quote:
dahappybanana - 12/22/2005 5:02 PM

Well I've decided to get some nice black leather driving gloves, any recommendations. Preferably non-insulated. Any one know of any that has the Mercedes Star on them?
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 06:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

I've always thought that driving gloves are something infinitely geeky.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 1990 300E, 2002 ML500
(Thread Starter)

These are responces I would expect if I asked some assholes. Let me explain somethings to you. One, it gets damn cold up here in the winter. Two, the 300E, while I love the steering wheel, it is rather tight leather and thus can get slippery, especially since when I drive through the twisty mountain roads at the highest possible speed whilst still staying in the white and yellow I tend to sweat. There have been a few times where a good pair of driving gloves would have been nice to have.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Quoted: 124 Post(s)

Pay no attention to them. Pelican Parts has driving gloves for porsche and maybe BMW. They may have a pair without "porsche" on them. I am not sure where you would find ones with the MB symbol. If you belong to your local MBCA, you could ask them. If you dont belong, you could email them and see what is available for sale. Last summer, we had a MBCA event and there were tons of cool stuff for sale. I assume all chapters of the MBCA have a sales section.
Mike

Mike
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Quote:
dahappybanana - 12/23/2005 1:52 AM

These are responces I would expect if I asked some assholes. Let me explain somethings to you. One, it gets damn cold up here in the winter.
Let me explain something to you. Spend a couple of winters in Minnesota and the bitch about the "damn cold".

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 07:20 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 00 C-230, 04 C-240

An Italian driver in a Ferrari or Alfa, driving on some of the best/worst roads in Italy (sports car heaven) will wear driving gloves. Consider them "geeks" until you attempt to keep up without soiling your diaper, or your lowrider having kittens.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 09:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 2000 e320 4matic
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

i wear some well-made tight fitting leather gloves in the winter. In my experience "driving gloves" don't keep my hands warm.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1985 300 SD

Awww, Banana,

You say that you want gloves with the MB star on them and they should be uninsulated. Then, you say that you drive at the highest possible speed in the mountains during the winter and that is why you uninsulated gloves with the MB star on them.

You may wish to slow down and turn on your heater and then, you wouldn't need uninsulated gloves with the MB star or logo on them.

Anyway, your post about the gloves conjured up images of a laughable, yet pitiful sight that everyone has seen. You still see the spectacle today. Whenever someone gets,owns and drives a small car that is a convertible like an old MG or a Miata or such, they feel compelled to get a golfer's cap and a big dog in the passengers seat and the ubiquitous, flowing scarf around their neck.

We had a boat that we used to spend many week-ends on as it stayed in the water. Invariably, we would spy a boat owner or guest strutting down the dock, decked out in all white, black and gold eschlon and stripes festooned on the white uniform. To cap it off (pardon the pun), there, perched on top of their head would be a Captain's hat complete with golden 'scrambled eggs' on the black visor.

Oh, it was quite a sight to see. They were so full of themselves that their eyes stared straight ahead, as if on a mission and their bearing or gait was full of officiousness.

The hilarious pièce de résistance was when these jerks would look to see if anyone was watching them and if they were satisfied that they could clandestinely board their YACHT they would get on the tiniest of boats in the marina.

We didn't laugh at the size of the boat, we laughed at the size of the ego of the owner.

To belabor this further, years ago, perhaps eons, when in my teens, I worked for a large company and heard customers address the employees as 'mister' or 'mrs.'. Thinking that I could elevate myself, I answered the phone as "Mister whatever". It didn't take long before a customer called in and let me know that I was not a "Mister" Oh well, it was a good try at promoting myself.

What has this to do with the subject of Mercedes Benz? Well, there was a logo mentioned, earlier on.

Whenever one asks a question, one should always be prepared for the answer - any answer.

Your friend,

Joe
Quote:
dahappybanana - 12/23/2005 1:52 AM

These are responces I would expect if I asked some assholes. Let me explain somethings to you. One, it gets damn cold up here in the winter. Two, the 300E, while I love the steering wheel, it is rather tight leather and thus can get slippery, especially since when I drive through the twisty mountain roads at the highest possible speed whilst still staying in the white and yellow I tend to sweat. There have been a few times where a good pair of driving gloves would have been nice to have.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 10:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Quoted: 124 Post(s)

Try Wilson Leather or a mall store like that. They have non insulated leather gloves. They may not be driving gloves specifically, but they will serve their purpose.
Mike

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in