Date registered: Aug 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CEL from Hell
I have a Mercedes 2000 SLK230, with 148,000 miles on it. Needed a smog check, but the CEL keeps coming back.
I've read a lot of blogs, posts and forums, followed recommendations and advice, R & R multiple parts, and still cannot shake the error code from hell. The notorious P0410 error, secondary air injection system, will not be nice and go away.
After R & R of a part, erasure of the code, and waiting for the "INC's" to cycle out on my Actron OBD II scanner, the one teaser that remains until the very end is the "secondary air system". To add insult to injury, it will finally change to OK, but it will throw/trigger the CEL to come back on.
In order to save time, I listed parts, including part #'s that have been replaced on the vehicle, along with the year that R & R took place.
End result, so far, has just been a lot of "New" parts in the scooter, and the CEL from hell, with the same error code P0410.
Does anyone out there have a viable solution to this never ending nuisance??
HELP!! I am looking forward to a good nights sleep and not dreaming about CEL and P0410 lighting up my ceiling.
• 2011 Replaced check valve, part # 002-140-68-60
• 2018 Replaced check valve (secondary air injection), part # 002-140-55-60
• 2018 Replaced secondary air injection shutoff valve, part # 000-540-98-97
• 2018 Replaced Mass Air Flow Sensor, part # 000-094-09-48-80
• 2018 Replaced recirculating air flap actuator, VDO part # 408-224-001-001Z, 1110980009
• 2018 Replaced K40 relay module-stribel, part # 20-540-00-72