LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
08í CLS550 Issue

Hello everyone first time poster ,long time lurker, usually always find my problems here from different topics hence why never decided to post, but this time iím completely stumped. So here is the issue. I was driving my son to school and all of the sudden every single warning light lit up like a christmas tree and all my gauges marked 0 including RPM, the vehicle did not stall so i hurried back home. I turned the vehicle off and tried to turn it on again but nothing happened complete silence, decided to wait and measure the battery voltage which was reading 12.4 with engine off. After maybe 5 hours i decided to go back out and turn it on again and it turned on but then everything started going off again, ABS , ESP, Check Engine etc etc and a big red lighted battery icon. I forgot to measure battery while the car was on (but i will do that once i can turn it on again) to rule out Alternartor/ Voltage Regulator. Friend brought a mickey mouse scanner which of course wonít give me the source of the problem unless i scan with Stars or equivalent ,but to get an idea i did it and the error U0100 came out ,which means lost connection to ECM/PCM. Iíve had this car since 2009 and iíve done most fixes myself since the wearranty expired and would love to keep the tradition going.

Also question is Carsoft MB II Scanner worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Follow up, just got to turn the car on and measure the Voltage and went up to 13.4 to 13 with AC on so the alternator is charging at least, but problem persist my entire dashboard turned off and only the warning lights came on and gauges were at 0 as well.Car will only turn on after it has been off for a long period of time. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C219 CLS-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in