Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   C219 CLS-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c219-cls-class/)
-   -   Phone/Bluetooth cable in armrest for 2005 CLS500 (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c219-cls-class/2995685-phone-bluetooth-cable-armrest-2005-cls500.html)

mnh7 07-08-2018 07:50 PM

Phone/Bluetooth cable in armrest for 2005 CLS500

6 Attachment(s)
Hello there

I have been searching this for months but couldn't get a solution anywhere, may be someone here has been through the same and can help.

I have a 2005 CLS500 (Japanese import into NZ). To get a bluetooth option in there, almost all the forums and other online articles mention a base where you can slide a bluetooth puck. My problem is that theres a cable in the armrest and nothing I can 'slide' a puck/adapter. I already bought a bluetooth adapter (Part # A212 906 09 02) but that doesn't fit the cable in the armrest. I have attached photos of the cable and the centre console, hope someone can recognise and help me get bluetooth/phone options in the car.

I spoke to the Mercedes authorised service centre and they said it might be for a phone and not a puck/adapter, so even they do not have clear information on what fits that cable.

Thanks in advance everyone.

icsrentals 04-16-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnh7 (Post 17480077)
Hello there

I have been searching this for months but couldn't get a solution anywhere, may be someone here has been through the same and can help.

I have a 2005 CLS500 (Japanese import into NZ). To get a bluetooth option in there, almost all the forums and other online articles mention a base where you can slide a bluetooth puck. My problem is that theres a cable in the armrest and nothing I can 'slide' a puck/adapter. I already bought a bluetooth adapter (Part # A212 906 09 02) but that doesn't fit the cable in the armrest. I have attached photos of the cable and the centre console, hope someone can recognise and help me get bluetooth/phone options in the car.

I spoke to the Mercedes authorised service centre and they said it might be for a phone and not a puck/adapter, so even they do not have clear information on what fits that cable.

Thanks in advance everyone.

That is a Docomo connector that is only used in Japan. Their whole audio system is different from anything else in the world, and cannot be changed to suit NZ without rewiring and reprogramming the whole car.

I had exactly the same issue. One suggested fix was a $2,000 head unit that would work with the steering wheel controls, but lose the CD changer.

I went with the Jaycar $39.00 option. A cigarette lighter plug-in FM Transmitter with Bluetooth receiver included. I now just have the radio tuned to an empty channel, and my phone paired to the Jaycar unit. Works a treat,and you still get the incoming calls through the car speakers.

Good luck.

PhoenixOp 04-19-2019 06:40 AM

This worked on my CL600. There was an IPod cable in the glove box that this gizmo plugs into. Worked great! All I had to do was add "Aux" to my selection menu on the radio and was able to stream Pandora from my phone. I just leave it in the car all the time. It will connect the second I get in the car.

Since it appears you have the cable already, this should work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck!

icsrentals 04-19-2019 02:03 PM

The Car Pro unit will not work on a Japanese import. There is no "aux" input in the glovebox.

There is NO plug-in unit that will work with a Docomo connector.

I have spent months researching this.

Cheers.

PhoenixOp 04-20-2019 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just dug out a pic of my connector which is an IPod connector. It looks different, therefore I am wrong in it's function. Apologies.

I have attached the pic so you can see the difference.