Can't sync homelink to garage remote. Tried Everything! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2006 CLS500 base
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
It is a Chamberlain that I bought on Ebay years ago to carry on my Goldwing key.

Check out this link: LiftMaster CPTK33 Comp Garage Door Opener Mini Remote Transmitter Key Chain | eBay
Thanks I looked at that but for some reason it skips right over my model which is the 850... They go by the color of the learn button/wire and I happen to have a yellow one which I can't find anywhere but from liftmaster themselves. Do you know which color your learn button is on your device?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:12 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 2006 CLK 350 Convertible
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DankNasty View Post
Thanks I looked at that but for some reason it skips right over my model which is the 850... They go by the color of the learn button/wire and I happen to have a yellow one which I can't find anywhere but from liftmaster themselves. Do you know which color your learn button is on your device?
Both of mine have purple buttons. Mine were manufactured in 9-2008. I checked out a compatibility bridge on Amazon and one there is about $26. It is a transceiver with a dedicated remote. You plug in the bridge in the same area as the opener and then use its dedicated remote to program the Homelink button. Once you do that you do not need the dedicated remote again unless you have another vehicle. The dedicated remote will not act as a garage door opener remote. From the reviews most folks have had a good experience with one.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2006 CLS500 base
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorj View Post
Both of mine have purple buttons. Mine were manufactured in 9-2008. I checked out a compatibility bridge on Amazon and one there is about $26. It is a transceiver with a dedicated remote. You plug in the bridge in the same area as the opener and then use its dedicated remote to program the Homelink button. Once you do that you do not need the dedicated remote again unless you have another vehicle. The dedicated remote will not act as a garage door opener remote. From the reviews most folks have had a good experience with one.
Heck i'll give it a shot (i got prime lol) .. it seems to downgrade the unit to make it less secure and that is I guess what is preventing my older car from linking with the newer garage system. I am not sure why you are unable to sync yours though, the purple learn system should work for your car especially since you were able to program a 3rd party remote to your garage. Have you tried programming it to your other buttons on your homelink... i've seen some just not work on a particular button and people have had to go with their middle or right button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:55 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2017
Vehicle: 2006 CLK 350 Convertible
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DankNasty View Post
Heck i'll give it a shot (i got prime lol) .. it seems to downgrade the unit to make it less secure and that is I guess what is preventing my older car from linking with the newer garage system. I am not sure why you are unable to sync yours though, the purple learn system should work for your car especially since you were able to program a 3rd party remote to your garage. Have you tried programming it to your other buttons on your homelink... i've seen some just not work on a particular button and people have had to go with their middle or right button.
well, guess what? Maybe the solar eclipse changed the mater around my place, but today I decided to give the programing another try. And it works! Held remote next to mirror, pushed in and held remote button, pushed in and held mirror button until it flashed for sever seconds, and when it stopped fhashing I let go of both buttons and then pushed on the learn button on my garage door opener. Went back to the car and pushed on the same button I had programed with the remote and the garage door light flashed. I pushed on the mirror button again and it closed the door! Wow.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2017
Vehicle: 2006 CLS500
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I did this today...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C219 CLS-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in