Active Blind Spot Assist Sensor - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 2012 CLS550 4matic / 2009 GL550 4matic / 2006 ML350 4matic / 2005 E320 4matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Active Blind Spot Assist Sensor

Has anyone ever replaced one of these on their own? I'm getting an "active blind spot assist is inoperable" warning when I start the car. If you have, are you aware of how to troubleshoot/determine which sensor has gone bad? My local MB shop wants $700+ for the part, which I believe is 000 905 0110. If anyone can confirm that I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any input others here can give!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2017
Vehicle: 99 c230k
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnpnh11 View Post
Has anyone ever replaced one of these on their own? I'm getting an "active blind spot assist is inoperable" warning when I start the car. If you have, are you aware of how to troubleshoot/determine which sensor has gone bad? My local MB shop wants $700+ for the part, which I believe is 000 905 0110. If anyone can confirm that I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any input others here can give!
The sensors are clipped into plastic brackets inside the rear bumper..look straight up above the mufflers from underneath..the bad sensor will either be swollen from moisture or there will be corrosion on the wiring connector

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
elyrain likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2017
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews472 View Post
The sensors are clipped into plastic brackets inside the rear bumper..look straight up above the mufflers from underneath..the bad sensor will either be swollen from moisture or there will be corrosion on the wiring connector

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Had mine replaced 2 times already within 3 years and they are due to be replaced again. Mercedes should not put technology components they cannot ensure reliability of. As soon as the car goes off Warranty I will have the sensors to be disabled and will have to do without the feature as $1,200 a year for those is too much. They should steal sensor design from any other car manufacturer (plenty) who did master this serious shortfall This is only issue with my E550 (2014) but it is rather extensively annoying. Bad for Benzes reputation of technology leader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 09:40 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2017
Unhappy Good for a single year

Under harsh winter conditions those sensors last about one year. Had them replaced twice now on a E550 2014 and they are due again.

The car will come under no warranty coverage this fall and I will ask the dealer to disable them as I cannot afford to pay $1,500 a year for those one.

This is a technology that Benz did not master yet (obvious) and should not offer the feature for any car sold where winters conditions are not gentle. Shame on this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2014
Vehicle: 2012 GL350 Bluetec, 2012 E350 4Matic, 2006 R350 4Matic
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Im gonna get under there and look for a bad sensor... We gotta be able to buy them for less than 700. My 2012 GL is 6 yrs old in New England winters and never had a problem with them.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2019
how did you resolve the issue? did you replace the sensor? I have the same issue for about a week now.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C218 CLS-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in