C218 CLS-Class - New Owner Impressions & Photos - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 12:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
About 2 months ago I ordered a loaded CLS 400 and it is on the boat as we speak. Beware, the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site does not track all MB shipments. The only seem to track some of them. I kept looking at the site and it showed nothing. My dealer gave me the ship and the delivery date. My ship is the Galveston Highway. That ship does not exist on their site. All I know is it is supposed to arrive in Baltimore on Sunday. From there i'm in the dark. I am out of my mind anticipating this vehicle. Designo Cardinal Red with a semi-aniline Saddle interior. I have every option except the Bang sound system and the designo seats. I considered the 550 but the 400 was already so fast, it made no sense to me.
benzitch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:31 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2016 CLS550
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
congrats mdpdmd22! believe it or not, but im excited for you :-)

once you get it, any chance you can put up pictures?
also, can you share your impressions and insight after youve driven it around for a week or so.

I dont believe in luck.
I believe in hard work and smart choices.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Oh yessssss! It has finally come in!

First of all the car is drop dead gorgeous. The deep red with the saddle/black interior looks awesome.

I can't tell you impressed I am after a couple of hundred miles. So smooth, solid and luxurious. The fit, finish & quality are truly impressive. I am I life long Lexus guy and I will point out the differences. This is my first German car. I was looking for luxury, power and good looks in a 4 door car. In my opinion, nothing looks better in that class than the MB CLS. I did not buy the 550 because I thought the 400 had more than enough power and I like a little more gas mileage. Also, the money I saved could go into equipment.

Specs:
1. 2016 CLS 400
2. P1 & P2
3. Semi aniline leather
4. Distronic pkg
5. Park assist
6. Folding rear seats
7. Wheel package
8. Multi contour seats

List:$86,745.00
$1015.00 per month 36 month 15,000 mile lease $3500.00 dn, with maintenance (real good deal)

Positives: Very well made, gorgeous interior and yes I do like the Ipad on the dash. It's nice and big and it's right in your face. The technology is excellent, especially the distronic package, It does work very well. Great handling and plenty of power. Spacious and super comfortable.

Negatives: I don't believe the music interface and the navigation is quite up to lexus in the way it works and performs. WHAT IS WITH THOSE STUPID DOOR LOCK PINS? I never liked the back tires larger than the front tires, rotation issues. It makes no sense to me.

Interesting point. Mercedes let my dealer order P1 without P2 and apparently with my other equipment P2 was required. Because it was an MB glitch, they pretty much ate the entire price of the P2 which made the cap cost under $76,000. It was a wonderful deal and a very nice dealership.

Overall, I am totally blown away with this car. It is a pleasure to get in it every day. Ordered it on Memorial day, arrived in port on 9/1, delivered 9/4. Loving it ever since.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1599697   Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1599705   Click image for larger version

Name:	car3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1599713  
benzitch and dcastine like this.

Last edited by mdpdmd22; 09-07-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 03:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2015
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpdmd22 View Post
Oh yessssss! It has finally come in!

First of all the car is drop dead gorgeous. The deep red with the saddle/black interior looks awesome.
I love the color combination and wish my wife had your vision. I want that interior but she was worried it would not wear well over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpdmd22 View Post
List:$86,745.00
360 month
going to take you a long time to pay it off
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 04:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Lol, 360 is a lot of months. The carpets are black and I will be out of it in 33 months. The seats are dark enough where I do not expect a problem. I really love the color combo and I think I made a good choice. Not to mention the car is friggin awesome.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
OBP
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 14 CLS550 4matic, 15 GLK350 4matic
(Thread Starter)
Congrats - We do not see many red C218s cos not many people have the guts to get one. It looks wonderful. I have similar packages in my Palladium Silver CLS except no massaging seats cos I have an MB rear seat entertainment system. I am very very envious of your brown leather interior. Wonderful combo all round.

The wider rear tires are for better handling and launch etc etc.. I think it helps - my first car with staggered width tires and I think it corners very well.

And yes I am a long time Lexus owner as well - MB will not be as reliable as Lexus. But I love both my venerable old SC430 and the CLS for different reasons. Lexus is my old faithful - never lets you down and still looks great after 10 years of service from that naturally aspirated Japanese V8. The CLS is the iron fist in a velvet glove, thundering German V8 and once those turbos spool, effortless thrust with high performance luxury.

Enjoy your CLS in good health.

Where in NJ ?
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 03:31 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I live at the shore by Monmouth Park. You certainly hit the nail on the head. That is why this is my first German car. I know they are temperamental and not as trouble free as Lexus. On a 3 year lease I do not expect much trouble. I do love the car, it does everything exceptionally well. I am glad you brought up the color. Why do the German's produce so many Black, Grey and Silvet cars? Black cars never look clean and they show every scratch and swirl. They look great for 5 minutes after they are washed. This car looks great in that deep Cardinal red. It makes a rare care even more rare because you never see one that looks like mine. In 2 weeks I have heard several compliments about the color combo. The saddle/black interior is rich and beautiful. I have no regrets.

I know why they do what they do with the back tires but it's still a pain in the ass to me. This car does perform like a beast. I can't even imagine the AMG. I would lose my license for sure.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 06:54 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2015
Vehicle: 2016 CLS550
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
mine finally came in. here a few pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20151122-WA0008.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1685145   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151122_160548.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1685153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20151122-WA0005.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1685161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20151122-WA0009.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1685169  
Brother T likes this.

I dont believe in luck.
I believe in hard work and smart choices.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 01:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2015
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Almost 9 month and 6k miles into ownership of this machine. So I finally got it detail for the winter to put it into the garage. Still very happy with the car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7810.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1725961   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7817.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1725969  
Brother T and amarjiitpandde like this.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 09:03 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 2012 CLS 550 sedan
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New owner of a 2012 CLS 550 and loving it.
Just found a set-up so we can watch DVD,s while in motion. How cool is that...
Brother T likes this.

When I die I want to go like Grandpa did, quietly in his sleep. Not kicking and screaming like the others in his car did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C218 CLS-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in