I'm looking to find answers about the easy entry for the S Coupe - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 2015 S550 Edition 1 2014 CL600 Designo 2014 CLS550 Designo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm looking to find answers about the easy entry for the S Coupe

MB says my easy entry is working properly but it isn't acting anything like my CL. When I turn off the car it moves back but pushes me straight up in the seat, at a 90* angle. When I go to re-enter the car, the seat goes forward but the seat back will not return to my preset memory. Has anyone that owns an S Coupe found this to be the way it should work? I actually have to complete the cycle by holding my memory button until the car settles back into my preset memory. I know it doesn't do it on the 4 dr and or any other Mercedes I've ever owned. Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:36 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2017
Vehicle: 2016 S550c4 Coupe, 2005 SL500
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Easy Entry

jirutenberg,
My C217 doesn't do it that way. When I open the door, the seat moves back but not upright. When I press te start button the seat (and wheel) moves to my previous (preset) position. This is also the way it worked in my 06 CL500.
A
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I knew there was something wrong

Would you do me a favor please? Set your preset to lean your upper set back. I drive with my seat more forward and my seat leaning back. Once you have done that. Turn off your car and tell me if your seat back actually comes up to a 90* angle. Then re-enter the car and start it and tell me does the seat and steering wheel go back to their proper position and the back of the seat reclines just to the place you had it preset? That is my problem. The seat will do everything except return the set back to my original leaning position. I've never heard of a car that didn't take you back to your preset memory position. I would greatly appreciate your help with this. Also, if we could talk possibly speak, that would really help. I'm not accepting MB and the dealership telling me that this is how it is supposed to be. 20 with this feature on all my CL's and I'm supposed to just sit back and let them lie to me. I don't think they would actually change how the memory seat function works, esp since it has always worked well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Easy Entry

jirutenberg,

OK, I checked it in my car.

I leaned the seat way back; opened the door; the seat moved back and the back moved to about 90. Then when I closed the door and pressed the start button, the seat moved to my stored memory position, not back to the reclined position.

Here's what the Operator's Manual says:

"Position of the steering wheel and the driver's seat for driving.

The steering wheel and the driver's seat are moved to the previously set position if:
-the driver's door is closed and you insert
the SmartKey into the ignition lock
-you close the driver's door when the ignition
is switched on
-you press the Start/Stop button once on
vehicles with KEYLESS-GO

The steering wheel and the driver's seat only return to the last set position when the driving position is stored after seat or steering wheel adjustment.
The last position of the steering wheel or seat is stored if:
-the ignition is switched off
-the setting is stored."
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I apologize if I wasn't being clear. What I was asking was to lean the seat back, and leave the seat more forward and store that position, maybe in #2, (so not to mess up your #1 setting). Then open the door until the seat finishes its easy exit. Tell me where your seat ends up. Does it move you straight upwards to 90* before letting you out and then after you close the door again, does it return to the leaned position (#2) when you restart the car? I really appreciate your helping me out with this. Its really very nice of you!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 03:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Easy Exit Seat

So I tried it multiple times (about ten times each) both with my normal setting, which has a seat back angle close to the Easy Exit seat angle, and with the seat back leaned way back and stored in memory 3.

With my normal seat position the seat returns to my stored position when the car is started.

But with the seat reclined way back, the seat back angle does not return to the stored (angled) position just as the problem you've been experiencing. However after the seat moved forward, pressing the memory button 3 brought the recline back to the stored position.

It seems to have something to do with the range of recline of the seat back. I didn't continue trying to determine the point at which this happens. You could try reducing the recline angle to see if you reach a point where it works without the extra step of pressing the memory number.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you very very much. This is just a factory programming issue. They need to correct this problem. I have an in in Germany and I'm going to call Monday morning and ask if the engineers can look into it for me. Maybe do a reprogram. If not I was thinking of getting a memory seat module from a W222 and exchanging it and I know those don't dont move the back of the seat at all. I might lose the ability to get into the back seat but I never allow anyone in my car so for me it is still a win. If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. Can you tell me what color combo and what model did you buy? I also had mine tuned and let me tell you, its beyond crazy fast now. I'm told it is now getting another 135hp. Also, I run regular unleaded and I get unreal gas mileage on the freeway. The same with my CLS. THe CLS is so fast I can't control it at higher speeds. If I step on it while rolling, it pops out from under me. Thankfully I have traction control. Anyway, the S was coming home in stop and go traffic after I bought the car and had it tuned. I was in stop and go traffic but the mileage average was still amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S Coupe.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2459403   Click image for larger version

Name:	CLS.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2459405  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 06:44 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Easy Entry

jirutenberg,

If you find out anything from your contact in Germany please post the info on the site.

Your mileage figures are amazing. I get about 14 mpg. What tuning did you do to achieve that? Did it void your warranty?

BTW, in answer to your question, my coupe is a base model S550, selenite grey with black designo interior and 20" 14 spoke wheels.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Post pictures of your car, please! I actually find the base with the Designo interior a better looking car than all the body crap that the AMG cars have on them. The car they used as the prototype was almost identical to the base. I love the chrome that runs up the body lines and Im not crazy about the holes in the bumpers or the wide body cladding on the side bottoms. If I were going to order one for 19 it would be the green with the tan designo interior with the 20" wheels, just like this one I spec'd out. I think this is perfection. I would put the diamond grille on as well. notice the headlamps, which werent available except on the 65 and Edition 1 ( now an option on all). I bought the Edition 1 because they come with all the options including the headlamps and I liked the red interior. Also, my collector car insurance wouldn't insure anything but the Edition 1 or a 65. I already have a 600, so a 65 was a waste of money. As for my Tune, I used a company down in Orange County called OETuning. They have done 5 tunes for me and they give me great deals plus they do it in an hour, while I wait. It's so worth the money. As for the warranty, no and I don't care, the car only has 6K miles and the warranty runs out at the end of the month. I bought an extended warranty and it doesn't make a difference to the extended warranty company.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-10-13_8-17-54.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2459541   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-10-13_8-17-29.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	2459543  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
My 600 with a tune. Now, this is like being in a jet esp. with the tune!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-10-14_12-36-01.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2459545  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > C217

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in