S63 AMG OR S65 AMG ( S class Coupe 2015) - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Moderator
 
ianrandom's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 1986/1990 W126
Location: Berkshire & Devon, UK
Posts: 12,957
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Oh goody, I'll be round pretty soon after that, haha 😊

'86 420SE
'90 420SEC


Daily transport 9spd Giant DH Comp downhill bike
ianrandom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: '99 CLK 430, '05 E500 4Matic
Location: Wherever my Keys land me
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Both cars are great (if you have the funds to get it) either way you cannot go wrong!
NITO is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 10:20 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
raz2050's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 2015 S550, 2011 S550, 2010 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2012 Porsche Panamera S, 2010 E-class
Location: AZ
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The v12 S65 will have 621 hp, 738 lb-ft of torque 0-60 4.0, its rear wheel drive, heavier and fully loaded. It uses the extra torque to push the extra weight. and will reach the top speed of 186 sooner than the S63
The lighter S63 will have 577 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque. it will be available as an AMG 4mattic 0-60 in 3.9. Will be a more sporty ride. Quicker 0-60 but slower to reach the full speed.
I would go with the S65 because it is rear wheel drive and has all that torque, will be more fun to drive.
raz2050 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 11:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2015 s class coupe
Location: denver usa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone
im in the waiting list for the s class coupe , what do you guys think about the price ? will the dealers sell it under msrp first when they come out like the s class sedan ?
thanks
uaebeast is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
 
television's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
Location: South coast .England
Posts: 6,543
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaebeast View Post
hi everyone
im in the waiting list for the s class coupe , what do you guys think about the price ? will the dealers sell it under msrp first when they come out like the s class sedan ?
thanks
It could depend on if the cars come as basic for stock purposes. In the UK all the cars the dealers buy in are just basic cars. Most first time buyers of a new model tick all the boxes and this gives a good choice of well fitted out cars in the second hand market a couple of years down the line, the second time round they realized that they did not use X or why Y, and the next cars come with fewer options.

I had the choice of 6 cars all fitted with near on every extra when I bought my 2007 car a couple of years ago, I have been thinking about a 2011 face lift, loads for sale, but not one with the extra's the I want.

Sorry deviating a bit. The new coupe does not come to the UK till the end of the year, the price will be too strong for me as an OAP so a couple of years to wait. Good luck when you get yours and please keep us up to date on how you find the car, what color are you going for.

Malcolm

"I thought my vasectomy would keep my wife from getting pregnant but apparently it just changes the color of the baby."
television is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 12:46 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2015 s class coupe
Location: denver usa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by television View Post
It could depend on if the cars come as basic for stock purposes. In the UK all the cars the dealers buy in are just basic cars. Most first time buyers of a new model tick all the boxes and this gives a good choice of well fitted out cars in the second hand market a couple of years down the line, the second time round they realized that they did not use X or why Y, and the next cars come with fewer options.

I had the choice of 6 cars all fitted with near on every extra when I bought my 2007 car a couple of years ago, I have been thinking about a 2011 face lift, loads for sale, but not one with the extra's the I want.

Sorry deviating a bit. The new coupe does not come to the UK till the end of the year, the price will be too strong for me as an OAP so a couple of years to wait. Good luck when you get yours and please keep us up to date on how you find the car, what color are you going for.
thanks for the replay
it'll be white with designo porcelain interior and amg body kit
im not familiar with the dealers here in US but hopefully they won't charge me more than anyone else lol
uaebeast is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 AM
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
 
television's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
Location: South coast .England
Posts: 6,543
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Very nice too, I always take the AMG body kit, and white cars stay so cool in the sun.

Good choice.
uaebeast likes this.

Malcolm

"I thought my vasectomy would keep my wife from getting pregnant but apparently it just changes the color of the baby."
television is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 01:45 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd go for the V8 and buy a motorbike for the odd occasion when speed is a joy to experience.

Regards
Mike Strivens

1998 R129 SL500
1996 W124 320TE
1995 W140 S600 (caught fire and scrapped)
1993 W124 280TE (sold)
MikeStrivens is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 02:04 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Aug 2014
Vehicle: 2015 s class coupe
Location: denver usa
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStrivens View Post
I'd go for the V8 and buy a motorbike for the odd occasion when speed is a joy to experience.
ill just buy a s550c and have my 1100hp z06 corvette for weekends fun
uaebeast is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle: '99 CLK 430, '05 E500 4Matic
Location: Wherever my Keys land me
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
NICE...pls post pics....
NITO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > C217

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome