Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MB indie in Houston

590 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lam6440 
#1 ·
I need to get my CL500 in for regular maintenance and a few other things and I am looking for a new mechanic. I have used two shops in the past, the first one is very competent and detailed oriented but the attitude is that they are doing you a favor and treat you like a piece of crap. Their prices are also very high. The second shop is not exclusively MB but knowledgeable never the less. My problem with this shop is that they are not detailed oriented and they keep my cars for weeks at a time. The last time I left my CL there it came back with a scrape on the rear left corner of the bumper cover. There are some things I do like about this shop. They will diagnose and let me shop for the parts. The shop owner is like a friend and tries to save me money. All of which is great but I hate when I find loose fasteners on the floor of the car because he forgot.
Anyone here can tell me about their MB indie in Houston and their experience.
Thank You

#2 ·
I need to get my CL500 in for regular maintenance and a few other things and I am looking for a new mechanic. I have used two shops in the past, the first one is very competent and detailed oriented but the attitude is that they are doing you a favor and treat you like a piece of crap. Their prices are also very high. The second shop is not exclusively MB but knowledgeable never the less. My problem with this shop is that they are not detailed oriented and they keep my cars for weeks at a time. The last time I left my CL there it came back with a scrape on the rear left corner of the bumper cover. There are some things I do like about this shop. They will diagnose and let me shop for the parts. The shop owner is like a friend and tries to save me money. All of which is great but I hate when I find loose fasteners on the floor of the car because he forgot.
Anyone here can tell me about their MB indie in Houston and their experience.
Thank You

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.