LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2003 cl55 amg After replacing cps 3 times in a week
The dealer said it neads New module
$3800 did any one had this problem before?
Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 107 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 06:00 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2012
Hello everybody. My dad has a serious issue with his CL600 V12 Biturbo. Car is lovely to drive to but last time one of the hydraulic pipes of the ABC burst. We have got new pipes, mechanic put new oil to it and now car is not straight. I have run Rodeo on it plus two other tests like Pitch and Roll, after that car is straight but when I set gear selector to Drive car is going back to its previous stage, right side is lowered. We have look at the links for the level sensors in front and it looks they have to be replaced, we have straighten them a bit and right front is a bit higher now. There is one error on ABC which says that Level Callibration has not been succesfully done. I was trying to level up the car but once I will reach the screen to input angles it says that "Value is not within the range" Any help would be appreciated.
post #103 of 107 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 09:04 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2015
Vehicle: CL 600 - Model year 2002
I am so very grateful for your wise advice and I will listen clearly to it and go to the garage tomorrow.

But my CL 600 year 2002 seems to intermitently give me the ABC warning. Mostly the grey 1st dashboard warning regularly and rarely the red warning. But the red warning ABC Light does come on. There is no consistency. I was driving the car all day today and NO red warning but many grey (1st ) warnings on the dash.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime before going to a mechanic? I am mostly completely ignorant of anything techinical but terrified as London garages charge a fortune and you often cannot get a straight answer.

Is it just wishful thinking on my part that this is just an intermitent issue? I hear from many that sensors on the CL600 are too sensitive or am I just wishing/praying and justifying this ABC issue....?

I could not possibly be more grateful to anyone that could help. I thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Giles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Giles, to add to what you may have learned from the other thread, it's very likely that you have a system leak and/or pump malfunction. With a car as old as yours, unless the entire system has been renewed, issues like what you're describing are pretty typical. In fact they usually come up long before 14 years! Struts may well be leaking, and as you say the system is sensitive enough to throw error messages (often erratically at first) when pressure variations are noted.

How do your fluid color and level look? When you park the car, are you noticing leaks on your garage floor? If so, where? How many of the links in post #2 of this thread have you read? There's a lot to learn if you're so inclined...
post #105 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 2001 CL55
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=Marsden;3290083]These ABC Threads are not collected here because every post within them is gold. They're just a basic step in organizing the information. Comments (and contributions) are more than welcome. Also check out the ABC notes in the R230 Forum, many (but not all) of which apply to our cars as well.[QUOTE]

Here is a valve block reseal procedure. The guy is pretty good at what he does.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c215...2710449?page=1
post #106 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:49 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 2001 ML320 2004 ML500 2011 E350 2015 ML350 2002 CL55 AMG
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
[quote=NateTheTrill;15036065][QUOTE=Marsden;3290083]These ABC Threads are not collected here because every post within them is gold. They're just a basic step in organizing the information. Comments (and contributions) are more than welcome. Also check out the ABC notes in the R230 Forum, many (but not all) of which apply to our cars as well.
Quote:

Here is a valve block reseal procedure. The guy is pretty good at what he does.

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c215...2710449?page=1
I clicked on this and was directed to a discussion of speakers and audio.....
post #107 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 11:30 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2016
Vehicle: 2001 CL55
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry about that disregard the last post I made.
Here is the correct link for the ABC suspension valve block rebuild:

https://www.benzworld.org/#/forumsite...2710449?page=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C215 CL-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in