LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
COMAND & Conquer

I'm not sure how redundant this topic may be but I'd like up-to-the-minute opinions and knowledge.

I've been reading quite a bit about these navigation installs into pre-2000, I think, CLKs. I've also read that you can install a COMAND system into one, maybe. Is this actually possible?

I'm not quite sure how COMAND works or how well it integrates itself into a 1998 CLK. I'm extremely interested but I'm afraid it may be too complicated to really attempt on my own or even with one other person. I can't imagine it being easy and I'm also a little incredulous about any of the really good features operating in my car.

If anyone knows or wants to weigh in about the pros and cons of the situation, I'm all ears!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
Re: COMAND & Conquer

Quote:
I'm not sure how redundant this topic may be but I'd like up-to-the-minute opinions and knowledge.

I've been reading quite a bit about these navigation installs into pre-2000, I think, CLKs. I've also read that you can install a COMAND system into one, maybe. Is this actually possible?

I'm not quite sure how COMAND works or how well it integrates itself into a 1998 CLK. I'm extremely interested but I'm afraid it may be too complicated to really attempt on my own or even with one other person. I can't imagine it being easy and I'm also a little incredulous about any of the really good features operating in my car.

If anyone knows or wants to weigh in about the pros and cons of the situation, I'm all ears!
It's easy to get a COMAND installed by MBenzNL ([email protected]) if you're in one of his "installation areas" (which range from Europe to Australia and many points in between).

If you want to undertake the procedure yourself, it may save you money, or it may not (depending how many problems you have). And of course, after-the-install support will be up to you if you do it yourself. You can search on the net to find information on doing this yourself.

-s-

1987 190E / 1987 300E x2/ 2001 CLK55 / 2001 ML55 / 2002 G500 / 2003 E55 / 2006 R350 / 2006 G450 / 2007 sumtin sumtin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2003
(Thread Starter)
That site was perfect. I think I got most of my questions answered!...

That site was perfect. I think I got most of my questions answered!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 02:55 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2002
Keep checking back at that site - he will eventually have more sections detaling many more...

Keep checking back at that site - he will eventually have more sections detaling many more available mods. :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C208/A208 CLK-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in