Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   C208/A208 CLK-Class (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c208-a208-clk-class/)
-   -   E46 ///M3 vs AMG C32 - BMW vs AMG (https://www.benzworld.org/forums/c208-a208-clk-class/607014-e46-m3-vs-amg-c32-bmw.html)

///M S3 10-14-2000 02:47 AM

E46 ///M3 vs AMG C32 - BMW vs AMG

First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p>

Anuj 10-15-2000 12:57 PM

BMW sells more cars because BMW makes more cars. No exclusivity there. And maybe you should read som

: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p>

Brian 10-17-2000 01:08 PM

Some facts for you...

<br>The official pre-production 0-100kph (not 0-60mph) figures for both the C32 and M3 are identical at 5.2 seconds.<p>Go to Edmunds.com and check the resale value of a '95 M3 and a '95 C36. The C36 is higher, even when you consider the tradein or retail value as a percentage of the original purchase price.<p>Check the reliability of 3-series vs C-class, the C-class is better.<p>M-B actually sells more vehicles in the U.S. than BMW. They have every year since 1997.<br>

Brian 10-17-2000 01:11 PM

Some facts for you...

<br>The official pre-production 0-100kph (not 0-60mph) figures for both the C32 and M3 are identical at 5.2 seconds.<p>Go to Edmunds.com and check the resale value of a '95 M3 and a '95 C36. The C36 is higher, even when you consider the tradein or retail value as a percentage of the original purchase price.<p>Check the reliability of 3-series vs C-class, the C-class is better.<p>M-B actually sells more vehicles in the U.S. than BMW. They have every year since 1997.<p><br>

Chris 11-14-2000 05:32 PM

He asked E46 M3, not E36. EOM

: <br>The official pre-production 0-100kph (not 0-60mph) figures for both the C32 and M3 are identical at 5.2 seconds.<p>Go to Edmunds.com and check the resale value of a '95 M3 and a '95 C36. The C36 is higher, even when you consider the tradein or retail value as a percentage of the original purchase price.<p>Check the reliability of 3-series vs C-class, the C-class is better.<p>M-B actually sells more vehicles in the U.S. than BMW. They have every year since 1997.<p><br><p>

KJK 11-16-2000 07:00 AM

Not really both are great cars and decision would come down to individual preferences..

: : First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p><p>-If you want a sports sedan with a manual there is only one choice. As for the new M3, I would rather have a na straight six than the supercharged engine. I think Mercedes needs to build the C36 from the ground up instead of just trying to play catch up with BMW. To be honest, I don't think they are that concerned about the category as they have never really competed with the M3 in terms of volume.

SLK Raver 11-24-2000 05:28 PM

Re: E46 ///M3 vs AMG C32 - BMW vs AMG

whooo whee, we do have a bunch of idiots here don't we? anyway i agree with the original author. M3 is the way to go. BMW does not need another company to make super cars, like AMG> Bmw does not need to create sky high prices. BMW is for those who want performance, luxury, and overall good car. Mercedes is for older people, who want luxury, and some semblance of performace. e 55-slushbox transmission, ugly styling, ugly exhaust, good performance. m5-perfect gearbox, perfect brakes, lovely styling, great quad exhaust, supreme performance. man what editor would want the e55 over the m5. man if i were to spend 80G's on a car, i want to do the shifiting, not some funky computer that trips over its own gears. BMW-brings me women, mercedes-i have old shriveled nuts, but hey i got a nice car. <p><p><p><br>: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p>

arron 11-25-2000 02:16 PM

: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p>when comparing mercedes vs. bmw, one would have to be open minded,,,these are great driving machines.but both comes with diffent intentions .mercedes is super luxo and bmw is sporty.engineering wise mercedes is the best at what they present bmw also does a great job .if the E55 came with a 6speed manual gear box.there wouldn't be such a thing as an M5

ARRON 11-25-2000 03:22 PM

: whooo whee, we do have a bunch of idiots here don't we? anyway i agree with the original author. M3 is the way to go. BMW does not need another company to make super cars, like AMG> Bmw does not need to create sky high prices. BMW is for those who want performance, luxury, and overall good car. Mercedes is for older people, who want luxury, and some semblance of performace. e 55-slushbox transmission, ugly styling, ugly exhaust, good performance. m5-perfect gearbox, perfect brakes, lovely styling, great quad exhaust, supreme performance. man what editor would want the e55 over the m5. man if i were to spend 80G's on a car, i want to do the shifiting, not some funky computer that trips over its own gears. BMW-brings me women, mercedes-i have old shriveled nuts, but hey i got a nice car. <p><p><p><br>: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p><p>YOUR TALKIN ABOUT MANUAL OVER AUTOMATIC,,IS'NT AUTOMACTIC MORE OF A LUXURY,THAN HAVEING TO SHIFT EVENTHOUGH MANUAL IS AN ADVANTAGE,,TOO HAVE A VEHICAL THAT DOES JUST ABOUT THE SAME OR EVEN BETTER IN MOST CASES IS'NT JUST THA S--T,,,AMG OVER M,,,,ANY DAY

SLK Raver 11-25-2000 08:46 PM

hye buddy, i am buying an M3 cuz of its performance, not cuz of its luxury you idiot. yeah auto is a luxury, if i wanted a luxury car i would have gotten myself a 750il. but i want a sports car, so i chose the m3. besides clk's are for old guys with shriveled nuts. you will never see a young person openly admit to driving a clk. also you will never see an old guy in an m3. AMG blows, all they make are large, powerful engines while M makes smooth, powerful, engines. inline is the way to go, not some behemouth v-8. besides a CLK 55 looks like every other clk, what are the diff? M3 comes with 18 tires, 19 optional clk 17. m3 gearbox SPORTY 6 speed. CLK shrived nut shifter, m3 brakes supreme m5 brakes CLK typical brakes. besides how good are you going to feel when someone plucks your little mercedes symbol off your hood. also m3 can be highly modified with companies such as dinan, AC Schintzer, ECIS, Hartge, Bekker, AA TUrbo, Jim Conforti,and sharked. what can the CLK do? nothing its been modified to its limits, it can't go further. the m3 is only at the beginning it can be so modified it can break 400 hp. has any benz owner every dynoed their car> no, cuz its pointless, they are weak. hey anyone know the prices of yeah CLK 55-70G's stock, M3-49500 stock. hey i think i will buy the m3, and used the 20G's and modifiy it even more. <p><p><p><p><p>: : whooo whee, we do have a bunch of idiots here don't we? anyway i agree with the original author. M3 is the way to go. BMW does not need another company to make super cars, like AMG> Bmw does not need to create sky high prices. BMW is for those who want performance, luxury, and overall good car. Mercedes is for older people, who want luxury, and some semblance of performace. e 55-slushbox transmission, ugly styling, ugly exhaust, good performance. m5-perfect gearbox, perfect brakes, lovely styling, great quad exhaust, supreme performance. man what editor would want the e55 over the m5. man if i were to spend 80G's on a car, i want to do the shifiting, not some funky computer that trips over its own gears. BMW-brings me women, mercedes-i have old shriveled nuts, but hey i got a nice car. <p><p><p><br>: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p><p>YOUR TALKIN ABOUT MANUAL OVER AUTOMATIC,,IS'NT AUTOMACTIC MORE OF A LUXURY,THAN HAVEING TO SHIFT EVENTHOUGH MANUAL IS AN ADVANTAGE,,TOO HAVE A VEHICAL THAT DOES JUST ABOUT THE SAME OR EVEN BETTER IN MOST CASES IS'NT JUST THA S--T,,,AMG OVER M,,,,ANY DAY <p>