post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2019
Vehicle: 2000 CLK430 Convertible, 2001 CLK55 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New CLK struggles

I had a clk55 convertible a couple years ago and sold it.

I now have a 2001 CLK55 Coupe, and a 2000 CLK430 Convertible.

Have bought 3 Star C3 Mux trying to get it to work.

Well I got tech support from India or China last night and finally got the laptop talking to the car.

Was able to reprogram radio on the CLK430
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Was having communication errors when trying to communicate with the 38 pin, and 16 pin OBDII for that matter. Anyway, I work with computers, and watched them teamview into my Dell 630 and make some changes, but did not try to keep track of the changes.

Very frustrating business, and very glad to have it working now.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Picked up the 430 Convertible for a great deal off Facebook Marketplace. It was out of hydraulic fluid. The rear head rests had popped out because I guess the car thought it was in a rollover. At any rate, we could not put the top down manually because these were stuck up. Had to refill the fluid and then the button would work to lower the head rests.

Tried the screwdriver down beside the head rest, but I think that must be on 2003 or later models. Could not find the release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Was worried about the hydraulics having a major leak, but I closed the screw on the pump and after refilling the fluid the top seems to be going up pretty decently.

This car was kept in a garage for 2 years. I think most of it with the top down. The interior is a bit toasty, and mice had been all through the car!

Did a deep cleaning and think it needs more, but car only has 110000 miles on it, and the exterior is almost extra clean.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Currently, the AC was acting a little weird. It was not blowing out the vents. After connecting the Star C3 and running some diagnostics on it, the air is blowing out the vents. Ran the low on left high on right side of the Climate control diagnostics and it is giving now codes through that system. So I'm thinking it might just need recharge.

The passenger seat will not go forward or back, though the switch shows it is turning on and off when you use diagnostics. Think problem is with the motor. Hoping to put 12v to the motor and see if we can get it to move.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
The radio was at the state were it wanted code put in in order to play. First success story of the c3 Star mux was reprogramming the radio. The radio sounds excellent. It has the sub in the rear seat. I think it is because this car was kept in garage, that speakers have held up.

If I could only connect my phone to the radio. I don't really like the performance of Bluetooth FM tuners, but maybe that is the easiest way to go.

I was excited to see poptopclk thread about adding later comand double din unit, that had ability to connect your phone to it? I wasn't not aware that anything compatible with w208 was available from factory that did this?

Was wanting to send Private Message about it, but found there is 10 post requirement. Oh Geez
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
My CLK55 had a cheap kenwood put in it, and I think they butchered the wiring. That's what my mechanic said anyway.

Don't see many setups sold to connect the steering wheel controls to new stereos.

If anyone has any experience with plug and play systems to retain the steering wheel controls would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C208/A208 CLK-Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in