LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Driver seat not working right on E400 cab

Trying to go back and forth using door controls the left side works OK but the right side goes a little bit then jams. Tried to find anything that was causing the jam but everything is packed under the seat. Not too confident on removing seat, looks like four bolts, and if I screw it up Iíll be in a world of hurt as I need car for work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '71 Pinto
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Covered under warranty, out of warranty only choice is to remove seat to inspect most common problem motor shaft. Shaft cannot be purchased separately however, MB does offer a repair kit left 0009107802, right 0009107902.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2509468  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf install front seat.pdf (525.6 KB, 26 views)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
IT looks like the DC motor is part of the kit. That kit costs around $500! My motor works but it just stops at one point in the worm gear and wont go much in either direction. It tries to and moves a little bit in each direction.

Possibly it has something caught in the worm gear and I'm not over confident I can remove seat, find problem and reattach seat. Given the Mercedes labor rates I'm damned if I do and damned if I dont
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:14 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

On my 2012 the seat stopped moving past certain points and under warranty the seat computer was recalibrated. For some reason it had lost the position of the end of rails. The computer counts the motor rotation until it reaches the end of the track and keeps this in memory so that it stops short of binding the motors. Same with the windows motors. In my case no physical parts where involved in the problem. The seat has been working fine since that single event.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:28 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2019
Vehicle: E250 Cabriolet 2012
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all, I was going to write a new post however this one seems very similar to the problem I have been facing. I have a W207 Mercedes E250 Cabriolet with memory seats however, the passenger seat reclines backwards but not fully forward. So I end up with a seat that is leaning slightly too far back. I can move it forward and back but it only goes to a certain point when pressing the forward switch on the door.

I think it is potentially a simple fix (reprogramming the seat, or resetting the motor position or something) however, taking it to Mercedes just to have a look at is expensive and then any work on top will ramp the price right up. Unfortunately there are no helpful Youtube videos and I've looked at other seat issues across the forum but taking the seat out myself to try and fix seems like such a big job and is too scary, there's so many wires and if you don't know what you're looking for, you could just make things worse.

I have taken the car to a mechanic who has said he will replace the motor for £240-£290, which is much cheaper than what I think Mercedes will charge. I don't really have any other option so I am going to pay for the motor and get it changed even though I think the fix is much simpler than this. Any suggestions welcome such as help with resetting the seat, knowledge of software that can be downloaded to reprogram it myself, maybe changing the fuse... anything? Otherwise if I can't fix it i'll wait for my mechanic to get back from Poland in 2 weeks time and get him on the job
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 07:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '71 Pinto
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Remove seat problem may be readily identified.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf install front seat.pdf (525.6 KB, 10 views)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2019
Vehicle: 2012 E350 Coupe
Yes I had the same issue with my 2012 E350 Coupe. Seats would not fully recover from the recline position. Each time I had to get the computer reset by the dealer. But that is costly! The older models you could reset the seats from reclining the seat forward until it stops (hold for 5 secs) then immediately recline the seat back as far as it goes (hold 5 sec) should hear a click. However, this DID NOT WORK on my car. Any other suggestions other than pay the dealer again?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2019
Vehicle: 2012 E350 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif123 View Post
Hello all, I was going to write a new post however this one seems very similar to the problem I have been facing. I have a W207 Mercedes E250 Cabriolet with memory seats however, the passenger seat reclines backwards but not fully forward. So I end up with a seat that is leaning slightly too far back. I can move it forward and back but it only goes to a certain point when pressing the forward switch on the door.

I think it is potentially a simple fix (reprogramming the seat, or resetting the motor position or something) however, taking it to Mercedes just to have a look at is expensive and then any work on top will ramp the price right up. Unfortunately there are no helpful Youtube videos and I've looked at other seat issues across the forum but taking the seat out myself to try and fix seems like such a big job and is too scary, there's so many wires and if you don't know what you're looking for, you could just make things worse.

I have taken the car to a mechanic who has said he will replace the motor for £240-£290, which is much cheaper than what I think Mercedes will charge. I don't really have any other option so I am going to pay for the motor and get it changed even though I think the fix is much simpler than this. Any suggestions welcome such as help with resetting the seat, knowledge of software that can be downloaded to reprogram it myself, maybe changing the fuse... anything? Otherwise if I can't fix it i'll wait for my mechanic to get back from Poland in 2 weeks time and get him on the job

I have the same issue how did your mechanic fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C207/A207 E-Class Coupe & Cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in