BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2018
Vehicle: 2009 C300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Common problems

Hey all,

I am thinking of purchasing a 2016 E400 Convertible. What are some issues you have faced with the A207 and what do you like?

Thanks in advance!

Rayan Naik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2015 E400 Cab, 2006 E350, 2000 E320, 1995 RRC, 2002 HD Fatboy
There was a minor recall last year(?) for an issue on the steering column, then thereís the Takata airbag issue, but other than that, not enough sunny days...guess I canít blame MB for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rayannaik likes this.

Cheers,

pc

2015 E400 Cab
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 E350 (sold, then, destroyed)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 E320 (died)

1995 Range Rover Classic (Still running)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:31 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2017
Vehicle: 2016 E400 Coupe
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My car is a coupe, so can't speak to the convertible-specific features. I bought it CPO with about 12,000 miles on it, and it now has almost 26,000 miles. I've had no major mechanical issues (i.e., it has never failed to start or left me anywhere), but I have had a surprising number of what I call "nuisance" issues. Most problems have been relatively simple build-quality annoyances like squeaks, rattles, and vibrations, although they haven't been simple to fix; every time the dealer works on them, they inform me that the problem has been identified and addressed, but inevitably it resurfaces. A deep vibration in the roof liner when driving over rough pavement sets off a symphony of rattles in the back seat area, and they've dropped the entire headliner at least five times over the past year, and it's going back in next week for the same problem.
rayannaik likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 2001 E430 Sport 36K, Brilliant Silver / Charcoal 2002 E320 sedan / 41K sold, 1999 CLK 320 33K sold
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
engine comparison

Wondering if by chance you might know how the 3L turbo compares to the 3.5L engine seen in the E350?
Have not had an opportunity to drive either one. Valuable to know about the rattles as that sunroof is huge and tracks over the roof and not into it...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2018
Vehicle: 2009 C300
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
My car is a coupe, so can't speak to the convertible-specific features. I bought it CPO with about 12,000 miles on it, and it now has almost 26,000 miles. I've had no major mechanical issues (i.e., it has never failed to start or left me anywhere), but I have had a surprising number of what I call "nuisance" issues. Most problems have been relatively simple build-quality annoyances like squeaks, rattles, and vibrations, although they haven't been simple to fix; every time the dealer works on them, they inform me that the problem has been identified and addressed, but inevitably it resurfaces. A deep vibration in the roof liner when driving over rough pavement sets off a symphony of rattles in the back seat area, and they've dropped the entire headliner at least five times over the past year, and it's going back in next week for the same problem.
Would you be worried to purchase one that is not CPO from the dealer or do you think I should only purchase a CPO?

Thanks
Rayan
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:59 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2017
Vehicle: 2016 E400 Coupe
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayannaik View Post
Would you be worried to purchase one that is not CPO from the dealer or do you think I should only purchase a CPO?

Thanks
Rayan
It depends on how much of the factory warranty is left. Personally, I wouldn't purchase one of these cars without at least a year (preferably more) of factory warranty remaining, to give you time to work out any issues that may be present. The nuisance issues that I've been dealing with are covered by the factory warranty, but you may very well get push-back from the dealership service department if you ask them to address such concerns under CPO warranty (CPO warranties typically exclude issues like squeaks, rattles, loose trim, etc).

Also, it has been my experience that CPO "inspections" are essentially hollow claims. I've owned multiple CPO cars, and very little, if any, of those supposedly inspected areas are actually inspected (and if they are, any problems are usually not addressed until the buyer insists on it). Although the highly-touted "rigorous, multi-point CPO selection/inspection process" means virtually nothing, there is peace of mind in knowing that any any mechanical issues which may arise after purchase will be covered under the CPO warranty.
rayannaik likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2015 E400 Cab, 2006 E350, 2000 E320, 1995 RRC, 2002 HD Fatboy
MBrace system outages are ridiculous. I would not resubscibe anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers,

pc

2015 E400 Cab

2006 E350 (sold, then, destroyed)

2000 E320 (died)

1995 Range Rover Classic (Still running)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C207/A207 E-Class Coupe & Cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in