post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Database Issue

Are you guys aware of the database synch issue? Dunno if it is board-wide or specific to OT, but there is an assignment issue in regard to recent posts.

"2016 will go down in history as the year America lowered its expectations beneath the threshold of a first world country"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: Mercedes c350
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Hello there,

Thanks for the info.
Is this database error happening intermittently?
Is there a specific function that's causing this?

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you have any suggestions or feedback, please PM me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

test
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
When I log out, thread titles no longer align in proper order, either from the main page or within each forum. It is as if the past few posts have not been recorded, though they are available when I look within each thread. When I login, everything seems to align properly. I assume this is a database issue, but perhaps it is more a timestamp issue.

To test this, look at the last post in Off Topic from the main forum page after logging out. Then login and look again. You'll see a different result.

"2016 will go down in history as the year America lowered its expectations beneath the threshold of a first world country"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Hello there,

Not able to replicate this but I will reset the CSS Stylesheets.
Let me know if you're still having this issue.

Ed

test
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Here are two screen shots -- one logged in and the logged out. They should be identical. They are not. My time zone is Arizona, it may be a timestamp issue. The loggedin image accurately represents current forum content, loggedout does not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loggedin.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	2499736   Click image for larger version

Name:	loggedout.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2499738  

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Hi there,

This is a site optimization function. It is in place to give logged in users the best site experience i.e. site speed, site security. This isn't an issue with the site.

Niall

test
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
If you say so. Did you read the order of the thread titles in the screen shots I provided? I'm not referring to the side-bar. The issue with all the newest posts not showing unless logged in just started about two weeks ago. That should not happen. If you don't want to fix it, so be it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > BenzWorld Support Forums > Benzworld Site issues forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in