MP3 Disk Burning - How To - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '05 CLK 320, '95 Honda Civic (let the tuning begin....)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: MP3 Disk Burning - How To

Any way to make the song titles show up if my stereo does not play MP3's? I.E buringing my own .cda format (all I get is "TRACK 1", "TRACK 2" on my HUD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: BMW

Quote:
ponzese - 10/1/2005 7:27 AM
Can you please be more specific abouth i tune burning cd/dvd:
When you play bach in the car are you able to scroll from one folder to other folder, or all 100 songs are in order say from one to 100 in the same one folder.
I see on my playback screan the folder name with arrow on both side but there is no functions all my songs are in the order i have burned, i thing i burned wrong, if so can you be more specific how do Ican burn cd 's an same disk but in more than one folder . Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad Inglish writing.
Provided you set iTunes to sort by album, then you get one folder per album.

It is possible to move between folders in two different ways. There are four cursor buttons. Up and down change tracks (as do the up/down on the steering wheel), and left and right change folders. And there is a soft button marked 'folder', which shows all the folders in a vertical list, and you can scroll up and down to pick one, then press OK to select it. Additionally, you can random play tracks in a folder, or tracks from any folder. Or you can just listen to one folder at a time.
post #23 of 211 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:33 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: BMW

Quote:
Atoche - 11/13/2005 11:29 PM

Any way to make the song titles show up if my stereo does not play MP3's? I.E buringing my own .cda format (all I get is "TRACK 1", "TRACK 2" on my HUD)
That depends if the drive and the software you are burning with support CD Text, and also if the drive in the car supports it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005

I have a 2006 SLK 350 and my system will only recognize up to 99 tracks.

The manual also states this too - see page 222.

I also have no way of navigating folders as all my tracks whether in folders or not show up as if they were in the same directory when CDs are played back.

So, what is the difference in your setup that you can aces 255 songs, navigate and use folders, etc.

Also where are you placing the DVD with MP3s, in the 6-disc changer or elsewhere?

I have premium sound package in my SLK.

Thanks
post #25 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 06 SLK 350, 03 C320
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
drosen - 12/8/2005 10:22 AM

I have a 2006 SLK 350 and my system will only recognize up to 99 tracks.

The manual also states this too - see page 222.

I also have no way of navigating folders as all my tracks whether in folders or not show up as if they were in the same directory when CDs are played back.

So, what is the difference in your setup that you can aces 255 songs, navigate and use folders, etc.

Also where are you placing the DVD with MP3s, in the 6-disc changer or elsewhere?

I have premium sound package in my SLK.

Thanks
You probably don't have COMAND. My premium system, with COMAND, loads the CD right in the dash. I don't have the 6 CD changer. The COMAND manual, on page 60, states that I can have up to 255 files and/or folders with 255 tracks per folder.

I did see what you are referring to on p. 222 of the car's manual, but for me, that info is superceded by the information in the COMAND manual.

By the way, the info on the tracks and folders is visible on the main screen of the COMAND system.

(How many "COMAND's" did I squeeze in just 3 paragraphs?)[:D]
post #26 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 05:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005

My car has the 420 Ent. Package which includes COMMAND headunit, Sat Radio, 6-Disc Changer, prewiring for DVD-nav and iPod.

I do have the command system, including a cd slot in the dash and the 6-disc in the trunk. Never tried placing CDs w/ MP3 in the dash, because the manual states that it does not play them.

So, do you have any other ideas?

thanks
post #27 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 07:33 AM

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2013 S550
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage

The "Red Book" standard for CDs only allows for 99 tracks, and also has limitations on time and data. An .mp3 CD will be limited to 99 tracks, even if the time and data limitations are not exceeded.

My COMAND plays .mp3 CDs and .mp3 DVDs in the single CD/DVD slot mounted in the console, behind the COMAND screen.

.mp3 DVDs are not limited to 99 tracks, but to 255 tracks (per folder, I believe; I write to multple folders and have over a thousand tracks on each of 2 DVDs that covers my iTunes collection, and they play very well).

My DVD player also plays the sound track to commercial DVDs; this is useful principally for music DVDs, but the sound is of very high quality.

What I have not been able to do successfully is mix file formats on a DVD - for example, to mix .mp3, AAC, Applel Lossless, and .AIFF and play it successfully. That results in some songs playing, then read errors. What I have not tried on a DVD is recording all .AIFF or all Apple Lossless or AAC to see if they play through. The advantage of that would be higher quality formats than .mp3. Some day.

Warren

2013 S550

Formerly:
2010 S550
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL
post #28 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-09-2005, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: 06 SLK 350, 03 C320
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
drosen - 12/9/2005 8:03 AM

My car has the 420 Ent. Package which includes COMMAND headunit, Sat Radio, 6-Disc Changer, prewiring for DVD-nav and iPod.

I do have the command system, including a cd slot in the dash and the 6-disc in the trunk. Never tried placing CDs w/ MP3 in the dash, because the manual states that it does not play them.

So, do you have any other ideas?

thanks
Well, you quoted page 222 of your owner's manual. What does your COMAND (only one 'M') manual say on page 60? If it references 255 tracks or folders as mine does, then maybe you have an issue for your MB service rep.
post #29 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 01:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2010 GLK350 4matic->2012 E550 4matic

Quote:
Skylaw - 12/9/2005 10:33 AM

The "Red Book" standard for CDs only allows for 99 tracks, and also has limitations on time and data. An .mp3 CD will be limited to 99 tracks, even if the time and data limitations are not exceeded.
It's interesting I guess this standard does not apply to BMW Alphine changers. On our 2006 BMW 750Li, the in-dash CD changer (from Alphine I believe, requiring a cartridge), can play MP3 CDs with more than 150 songs.
post #30 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-10-2005, 05:35 AM

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2013 S550
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage

There are many deviations from the standard; the only problem is, non-compliant CDs may not play on other players/changers. Of course, if the non compliant disc meets your needs, that's not a problem.

You may also find that many disc-burning programs won't permit more than 99 tracks on a CD, since that's the standard. Some may.

Warren

2013 S550

Formerly:
2010 S550
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Technical Forums > Audio & Telematics Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in