Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Car/tire update...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Check Codes
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Car/tire update...

Over the long weekend, while up in Lake County (CA), the car crossed over 170,000 miles. The tires that went on at 124,000 still look amazing, nearly half the tread left (pic in this thread at 41K miles: https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...re-update.html)

I continue to be impressed with the E320. I still average nearly 30mpg on the highway and it never fails to deliver a satisfying driving experience. (Well, except sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic...then the only thing that satisfies is the Ducati...).

I picked up a featured role in another musical (Oklahoma!) and with the added driving for rehearsals, by the time the show ends I'll have over 50,000 miles on the tires. To me that seems insane, considering the life I've seen from the others, though admittedly I dumped the last set of Contis with lots of tread on them simply because they had gotten horribly noisy.

I do have a laundry list of things to do, chief among them is a water pump (it's coolant time, and I really don't want to put in new coolant and then have the pump fail, at my mileage it almost seems to be beckoning Murphy...). That said, the car really needs a good wash and detail, but with the rehearsals and the drought situation out here, it's not really in the cards soon.

Oh, and speaking of the drought and car maintenance, the area I was in (Nice, CA, like Nice, France) at one time was really pretty, but it's fallen on hard times, and the awful drought has Clear Lake looking really bad (pic below, it's down 8 feet below normal, you can see the water line on the retention wall). Most of the floating docks aren't (and are unuseable) and the loading ramps are stranded well above waterline. The biological growth of algae, etc. near the shore in most areas (depends on current) is pretty significant, and my car still has a stench when I start it, so I plan to swap out the cabin filters...I mean this is really a priority...hopefully the charcoal ones will recover.

Just hoping everyone else is enjoying their W210s and taking care of them as best they can.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clear Lake_l_R.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	1109209  

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome