Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Gearbox and shifter bushings, cables and err stuff??
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Matt910
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2013
Vehicle: Vito 112 CDI 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gearbox and shifter bushings, cables and err stuff??

Hi

My gear shift is little bit notchy, most noticeably in 3rd and reverse. Its recently had a new clutch and flywheel so it is no issue with that, and the issue was there before.

I have read through a few posts regarding replacing plastic bushings, in both the shifter leaver mechanism and on the linkage on the box. Does anyone know which bits need to be replaced to improve things? There is some play on the actual shifter, ie you can rattle it about a lot so I am thinking it is going to be more that end then on the box, but for the sake of a few quid on bushings I thought it might be worth doing the whole lot.

On a more positive note, we took it for a 250 mile round trip to Wales yesterday and sat in the back of the van with hot chocolate made on the camping stove overlooking Prestatyn beach and it was an absolute joy to drive their and back. I even got the pleasure of cruising by some T4s on the dual carriageways.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome