Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Smart passion dash display says -1 yesterday, now -2 today. Ideas?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
karlmarx
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
service/key battery

hello sir. i am in the usa and only worked on one "grey market" vehicle, but i'm sure the standards would hold true. the wrench with the -mileage(1,2,3,...) means you need to have the service light reset. to do this turn the key to position two, press the left button on the instrument cluster twice (within 4 seconds) to bring up the service indicator, switch the ignition off (within 10 seconds) all while holding the left button, switch the ignition back to position 2 still holding the button, wait (aprox. 30 seconds) till the indicator flashes. it will take several tries. please note one wrench means an "a" service is due while two wrenches mean a "b" service is due. now for your nine flashes, this means you need to change the battery in you key fob, instructions should be in your owner's manual. i am a mercedes benz/smart master certified technician so i'm trying to help. feel free to contact me if you need assistance.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome