boulevardier
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 1991 300sl auto Red/parchment. 1982 300sd. Teal/beige
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
300sl hot start problem

I have checked out a couple of other threads regarding my problem - but none of them came to a definitive conclusion. 1991 300sl, 175xxx miles, fairly well taken care of over the years (I'm not the original owner). Cold starts are fine (takes a couple of clicks) smooth idle, smooth acceleration. Hot starts within a few minutes of shutdown are also fine - smooth idle, etc. It's a hot start after the car has sat for about 5 mins or more that become difficult. Hard to start (usually feathering the gas helps) and then there is a low speed "miss" which evens out at higher rpm's - when the car goes back to idle, the roughness returns - this can go on for several "stop and goes" and then it eventually evens out again. I sometimes detect gas fumes -but not always. Recently changed dist. cap and rotor (as well as the distributor suppressor plate - which some threads indicate can be a problem). Ran some injector cleaner. Checked fuses for corrosion, cleaned the heat sensor contacts. None of this has helped.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome