Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - is my clutch about to die?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
simonvito
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2009
Vehicle: 2003 112 vito
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
is my clutch about to die?

have been looking around and im still not sure what to do

this only started a few days ago..and has come and gone,

i cant get onto gear once ive started,any gear..

have to kill engine and put in gear and then start (once or twice the van has shifted a bit while doing this,while clutch still down)..once moving im fine-apart from once when i could not get into 5th and the other gears needed an extra shove to engage
however mostly one im going the gear change is the same as it used to be
(i might mention here that reverses has always resulted in a slightjerk when engaging)

now on the gear linkage-the white plastic lining near the counterweight was missing (pretty sure it always has been)but stuck a few cableties around the part and snipped off the excess to atleast hold the centre part off the sides the same as the plastic part would have

i managed to loosen two of the nuts on the linkage "tower" and could feel a small plastic guide around out of sight, which i turned so that fresh sides were facing up/down- ive read on posts here that it helped some people with similar problems

mine was still the same..refuses to engage started...but once on the road fine, round abouts, traffic lights..starting stopping up and down the gears and in and out of neutral all the time ..no bother

so im hoping this is not a new clutch job..or a new gear box job..but maybe a new linkage job...or even just a cable adjust?
this came on quick, it comes and goes, no smell or noises, erratic pulling slipping etc just a stubborn gear stick

any help or pointers much appreciated

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome