Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - BAS ETS ESP ABS Lights...Help?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 AM
NLH
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope it isn't the same problem I had. Doesn't really sound like it, but maybe this will help.

It is one of the computers going out, Controller 4ESP is the part name (part# 163 545 80 32). I am looking at the old broken one on my desk right now. It cost me about $830 plus two diagnostic tests which ran the bill up to a grand.

I hope this isn't it.

This is how it went down for me. It only seems to happen on very cold mornings. I will drive and then go over a speed bump or something that slightly jolts the car. It will then cause the traction control to act (if only for a millisecond) and then the ABS ESP BAS ETS lights will all go on and not turn off. On top of this, it sounds like the ABS system is trying to run at full go and it messes a little bit with my driving before it stops and allows normal operation of the car. I took it to my repair shop, not a mercedes dealership, and they said it was the tilt sensor on the steering wheel and they cleared the code. I spoke to the dealership and the dealership said that probably wasn't it so I took it by there.

Because the codes were cleared, mercedes really couldn't tell what it was. After the codes were cleared, it ran fine. Two months later (Thursday of last week), it happens again so I take it directly to the dealer. They figure out that it is this controller and I have to get it replaced.

I hope this helps, I really hope this helps you determine that it isn't the same thing.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome