c32suarez
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: C32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
you can hear it when you start the car and it goes away when the clutch is engaged. the head tech wants to replace the whole clutch assembly which will cost $1000 in parts alone and the head tech wants to blame it on the pulley kit. I pretty much told my service advisor who is cool with me that their head tech is full of shit. few wks later after I fixed the bearings for $40 I passed by the dealership and told the service advisor to ask the head tech to come out and proceed to tell him how much he is full of shit and how much it cost for me to fix the problem. the head tech was silent and couldn't find a response.

you can heard how loud it is in my video here (the high pitch grind) YouTube - C32 with Weltmeister exhaust

here is also a DIY by another member on mbworld. Replaced SC Clutch bearing last night ~ pics/video - MBWorld.org Forums
Ya that's it. Dude, it's guys like you that make these blogs worthwile. If that's what wrong with mine, which I'm 99.9% sure, after your feedback and subsequent repairs you did, I'm stoked. You mentioned that you had a service shop do the job for you earlier in this string. I'm in the OC and you're in Ontario. I'll go wherever to get it done....well.......as long as it's not Ontario, Canada. Just let me know where you went. The reason I'd go to your guy is that he's done it already. Again dude...I'm stoked. Thanks in advance.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome