Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - c32 amg reliability
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
FrankW
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to FrankW Send a message via MSN to FrankW
Quote:
Originally Posted by c32suarez
How did you know the Supercharger clutch bearing had gone out. I ask becuase I could swear that's what wrong with my '03 C32, but the dealer says that I need to replace my supercharger even though the car works fine except that when I start it up and sometime while cold at low rpms it sounds like a noisy bearing. I can't believe it's the whole supercharge vs. some bearing. I'd appreciate your input on this. If I knew that's what it was for sure I'd do it myself. Thanks again.
you can hear it when you start the car and it goes away when the clutch is engaged. the head tech wants to replace the whole clutch assembly which will cost $1000 in parts alone and the head tech wants to blame it on the pulley kit. I pretty much told my service advisor who is cool with me that their head tech is full of shit. few wks later after I fixed the bearings for $40 I passed by the dealership and told the service advisor to ask the head tech to come out and proceed to tell him how much he is full of shit and how much it cost for me to fix the problem. the head tech was silent and couldn't find a response.

you can heard how loud it is in my video here (the high pitch grind) YouTube - C32 with Weltmeister exhaust

here is also a DIY by another member on mbworld. http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...clutch+bearing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 M112K with lots of mods
2008 M272 with some mods

For Sale:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
$100

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome