post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 AM
tomekay
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARW126420SEL
In my personal experience I can say that the XJR is not any better than the Mercedes. It may be worse in reliability. Jaguar has had good marks from JD Powers, but I don't know how they pulled that one off. The Jag also does not have rear seat side airbags like your C-Class. The Jag only has side curtain and front side airbags.

Common issues are moonroof, soft trim, and unexplained electrical faults. The Jag does have a very good aluminum chassis, excellent handling balance, and decent power. The 2006 XJRs did not have Brembos. The Brembos were dropped for cheaper single piston sliders. Jaguar claim that the single piston sliders have better pedal feel and better fade resistance. Have driven both I am not so sure. The NAV system in the Jag is excellent. It is a Denso unit like in the Lexus. Although like the Lexus it is a touch screen. Therefore the screen will wear and crack with use. That is why Mercedes-Benz, BMW, VW, and Porsche avoid touchscreens like the plague.

Overall the Jag is larger, depreciates the same or more, is produced in smaller numbers, is less safe, and basically on par or worse with MB quality wise. I recommend a Jap car for the person that values reliability above all. How about a nice Hybrid GS? OH, wait, going over to the Lexus forum it looks like the newer Toyotas and Lexuses aren't that great either. I am sure they are still a little better than Euro cars for reliability, though.

Best of luck, the Jag will be a good car for you.
...dont get me wrong, I was dissapointed getting rid of the c32 as it was an excellent car but I am sorry, it was at the dealer more times than it was on my drive.

I had it 20 months or so, it stopped working on the m25 one day due to a fuel valve, next to go were the gearbox, torque converter and radiator, then the ticking started.

I dont believe it was the ABS as it was ticking all the time (even at standstill) and increased at it revved.

I bought an 04 xjr that has Brembo brakes and so far am very happy with it. As for reliability and JD Power ratings, Jag are owned by Ford now and we all know how reliable those are.

I will keep this for a few years and hopefully one day get another AMG.

Happy motoring

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome