Hipine
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 1980 LWB 280GE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here's looking in the "door"

The yellow arrow notes the tabs that can be used to store the door flap and/or it's screen (separate tabs supplied for each) rolled up above the door. Each covering flap and movable screen has its own zipper for opening ndependently. The green arrows show pocket that are fitted for stowing toiletries, reading materials etc (in the tan canvas one on the left) or shoes in larger pockets in the green one at the right. I had mine fitted with these pockets near each door. The blue arrow shows the bars that support the roof. These are hinged at the center of their vertical length and the fabric is captured on them in a way that folds the entire tent inwards automatically as the roof is cranked down. No annoying tucking of fabric! The matress is on the firm side and quite sturdy. I went for the optional 10cm matress, 8cm is standard. The roof is padded and covered with cloth. No worries about condensation. The entire perimeter fabric is removable in two sections should repair or laundering ever become necessary. The fabric is canvas and reported to stand up to many years' use with an ocaisional Scotchguarding. In the foreground are the feet used to attach it to the G's rain gutters (two are shown of the six provided) and the piece that bolts on to hook the ladder to is also shipped separately to avoid damage. I'll have to attach it in the position I desire and then send some pix of the ladder in place after the tent is mounted on the truck.

Attached Images

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome