Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Version II HVAC problem
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
gli48
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2014
Vehicle: 1979 280 SL 4-speed, 2015 GLK 350 4-MATIC, 2012 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-speed
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Version II HVAC problem

I have been searching everything I can find on what I believe is Version II of the HVAC in R107 SLs to no avail. My blower only works on speed I & II, not III & IV. Dealer says I need a new Blower Motor Regulator for $1094.72. Yikes! Problem is, the Blower Speed regulators for sale used every where (Bosch GeblaserRegler 0008221103) are for later models with climate control systems. I am unable to find anything similar under my dash or near the blower. All the prior posts on this topic seem to reference the later systems. I have pulled the blower and the attached pre-resistors and everything tests OK, all four speeds. The electrical diagram I was able to find of the early HVAC system shows NO blower speed regulator, only a direct connection between the dial on the console and the Pre-resistors. Does anybody know if this is correct? If so, can the five position (including "off") rotary switch really be $1K or was the mechanic making a WAG based on experience with 560SLs? Any idea where I might find a replacement switch(new or used)? I'll be digging into the console soon anyhow to return to the original style radio (Becker Europa Kurrier as shown in the first diagram) so that would be the time to replace the switch. Two diagrams are attached which show what my console HVAC controls look like and the HVAC electrical diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R107 Dash.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	2523762   Click image for larger version

Name:	R107 HVAC1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	2523764  

Title goes here

close