Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2006 E320 CDI
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcR View Post
Have her test drive the G before buying. I love mine, but it is a bit of a cult vehicle and does not appeal to everyone. Might want to drive at night too, the inside reflections off of the flat windows bother some folks.
She trusts my judgement. She actually used to do landscaping work with her family's business and drove full size dump truck with manual transmission from time to time to make deliveries, so heavy trucks are not a problem for her. Knowing her, she'd take a test drive and be fine with it. She'll love it for the utility alone, as it seems we're always hauling something. I'm the one who is more sensitive to the way a vehicle handles. I'm an old farm boy, so driving heavy stuff is fine. But if it walks all over the road or does some other weird unexpected behavior, that's another matter.

So how do you feel after driving it on a trip for 4 hours straight? Need a kidney belt or chiropractor?

From talking to some MB techs, I do understand that the ride can be softened up by putting some aftermarket Bilsteins on it. I guess the new one coming out (which I won't be buying) is supposed to be a softer ride, or so they tell me. I'm probably looking for 10 years old or so with under 100K miles.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome