Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Would you run away from this one?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 03:38 PM
okyoureabeast
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2017
Vehicle: 1984 380SL
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Sounds like a european delivery vehicle. That cute program where you can buy a car, tour stuttgart and the factory, and then drive around Europe for a few months on a grand excursion. It's a cool program.

With what you've written, I would confirm that mileage with a carfax.com report. You will get a good estimate of the car's age.

However, in my not so humble opinion: at 28K EUR I would run so far far away that you would end back up in the same spot. That price is not only a joke given the issues, but the rust will turn your already expensive car into a 40-50K EUR car. Even with all of the "nice" stuff that the previous owner will do. While i'd take the word of a German guy over an American's anyday, I still wouldn't trust all of those promises.

You would be better off taking that cash, flying to the US, find a better example of what you want, ship it back, and still have a few grand left over for purchasing stuff that you want.

OR given your budget for vehicles, have you considered visiting the SL Shop in the UK? They have vehicles that are not only incredibly nice, but they would also be willing to do the stuff you're asking for. I would check there as well.

You may want to reconsider your aversion to the automatic climate control. They're very robust and work quite well even after all of these years. It would open up your options in terms of vehicles considerably.

Good luck

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome