Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Where should I get injectors and pump work?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
larsfforsberg
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2019
Vehicle: 1986 Unimog 1300L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Where should I get injectors and pump work?

Where should I get injectors, and which ones should I get? Where/who should I call for injection pump work? I have a non turbo 352 in an ex German army ambulance. I'd like to bump the power of course. My house is at 6,000 feet, and without a turbo, my cruising speed is pretty poor. At 2,500 RPM I can now do 51 MPH on flat ground. This is an improvement over the 43 due to the 395/85 tires I put on recently. It seems that I am either missing a cylinder, or my pump is not doing its job as of a week or two ago. So....I'm sure this has been discussed before, probably many times, but I didn't see it in an obvious location - how would I go about getting some HP through injectors and pump tuning? I think the truck sat for a long time before I got it, and I may have broke something loose driving it across country at 40 MPH, from Tampa, Florida to Bozeman, Montana. It did great the whole drive, but now it seems down on power. I put new fuel filters in it, cleaned the bowl, checked the air filter, changed the oil in the motor, tranny, diffs, and portals. Any input would be very much appreciated.

LARS LLC

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome