ChristianAnarchist
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWB250 View Post
Please cite your source for the statement "last of the hand built Mercedes". I've heard/seen this in so many ads it's trending with "ICE COLD AIR!" and "million mile" diesel engines.

Mercedes have been "hand built" for years. I'm confused by these sorts of claims and would appreciate clarification.
I was told when I bought this some 8 years ago that it was the last year of "hand built" Mercedes. I never questioned it but now that you mention it I may have been fooled. Maybe they weren't hand built. Anyway, I supposed I want about 12K for the car and it's got something around 142K miles on it (maybe, I'll have to go to the shop and check it and right now it's almost midnight so I'm not about to check it right now).

As to the post of when the repairs have been done I personally did the cylinders for the convertible top and I did NOT put in the Mercedes factory cylinders with the crappy seals that give out in 10 years. I sent the cylinders in to be rebuilt by the guy recommended to me on this forum. (sorry, I don't really remember who that is - old timers disease...)

I've never had the timing chain repair done so maybe someone before me did. I can only speak for repairs done under my watch.

Last edited by ChristianAnarchist; 06-07-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome