Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Loud squeal after changing balance shaft

733 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Tyrone 
#1 ·
Hello gentlemen. I just picked up another 06 r350 4matic from Mercedes benz auto techs of Waxahachie Texas. The tech replaced two new fuel pumps, the balance shaft, transmission front pump, intake tumbler flaps, new battery and lost key after stage four cancer diagnosis. The car hadn't been started in almost 2 years. He told me that he took the passenger side valve cover off to add something so it wouldn't squeal but I don't recall what due to the excitement of getting a good deal. He also said something about some bearings. He left a couple of bolts out of the valve cover and I had to replace upper pulley. I had the key made and started the car with no belt and the car made a very loud squealing noise while running. Kinda sounds like metal rubbing or a really loud pulley. Didn't sound good at all so I killed it immediately hooked up star. P0300 misfiring (cel) p0301 p0303( cel) p0302 p0303 p0563 voltage too high ( battery charger). p2505 voltage at relay circuit 87 is too high. po304 misfire in that order. Anyone had this problem? Or have some insight? if so Please advise me on how to proceed.

#2 ·
I should've followed rule #1.... DON'T PANIC.... along with the pulleys and few bolts the guy didn't reinstall he also forgot to install the spark plug on number four cylinder. The loud squealing was the compressed air blowing around the rubber boot on the coil. Lmao

#6 ·
The oil leak was from oil separator and the half dollar sized plastic cap that were not reinstalled. They were in a box in the car but I didn't know what they were. No more leaks changed coils and plugs and damaged #1 coil connector. Still had misfire on cylinder 1 and u0101 lost communication with tcm. Compression test revealed 0 compression on cylinder 1 and good compression on the other 5. Does that mean this engine is shot?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.