Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Car switched off in Park, won't start again.
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:48 PM
LauraS
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2018
Vehicle: 1990 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Check that your battery is fully charged. If you can trace the ignition wire (black on my left hand Drive 1990 2.6) that goes to the starter from the ignition switch through the firewall you will find that it leads to a connector with a sort of knurled end attached to the firewall by a black plastic zip lock strap. The two ends of the connector is held together with a little prong on one side. Pull the prong back with a small screw driver and the connector will come apart. Now you will be able to run a jumper wire from the positive terminal of your battery to the end of the wire (female end) that goes down to the starter. This bypasses both the ignition and the neutral safety switch on the transmission. If the engine turns over it will not be the starter that is the issue. If you then turn on the ignition while using the jumper wire and the car starts it is likely the trans switch. I wish I could post you a picture of the wire connector. I recently had a similar problem which turned out to be a bad alternator voltage regulator. I hope that this helps.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome