Date registered: Dec 2012
Vehicle: 89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
Location: San Jose, California
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Lots of questions there to address.
(1) Is it normal to hit 102c idling at 90F outdoor temp without AC operating?
- Yes on a 30 year old car. Sometimes people blame the regular fan clutch for not operating properly, sometimes radiator is blamed for not allowing enough coolant flow at idle, etc.
- If I were you I would just lower your electric fan trip temperature to be something like 95c. You can add a 1.2K ohm resistor in parallel to the temp sensor on the cylinder head. Works pretty well.
(2) AC refrigerant leak.
- Is yours converted to R134 or is it still R12?
- In either case check your high pressure hose for wetness. If it is wet, read my post on the matter for a quick fix that will only cost you $10. Mine has stopped leaking with that temporary fix.