pl626
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2015 E400 Cab, 2006 E350, 2000 E320, 1995 RRC, 2002 HD Fatboy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue205 View Post
I recently purchased a cpo 2016 c class. It's a great car but wanted to know if I could add CarPlay. I'm not sure which head unit I have but it's not the command. It's the smaller screen with the plastic frame around it. I also have the burmeister speakers.
I think you're referring to COMAND, which is not the HU, but the 'brain' of the car. ISTR it stands for Cockpit Management and Data system? At any rate, you have a few options as far as CarPlay.

1. You can get an aftermarket HU with CarPlay, but this may be clunky and you may have a hard time finding an installer to take on the challenge.

2. You can upgrade the monitor to an Android monitor 10.25" touch screen

3. You can add a third-party interface ( Joyeauto, Unichip, icartisan, & many more.)

For some reason, the C and S classes were omitted from the Mercedes retrofit kit for CarPlay/Android Auto. ISTR, it had something to do with COMAND 5.2?

Cheers,

pc

2015 E400 Cab
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 E350 (sold, then, destroyed)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 E320 (died)

1995 Range Rover Classic (Still running)

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome