Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Anyone familiar with trunk lock system?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Win Kausch
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2017
Vehicle: 2008 SL550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My GF's 2008 SL550 suddenly started giving her a trunk open warning. I could hear the dreaded hissing coming from the trunk latch and the draw down won't pull in. After removing the latch assy and still hooked to the vehicle PSE pump I noted the draw down piston would not push the latch fully closed. Inspection of the ball bearing fittings showed no cracking. I removed the entire latch and put some low pressure air to the latch assy and discovered air from the big draw down piston housing. I isolated that component by placing low pressure air right on the actuator and observing the hissing air escaping from the housing. I am assuming there is some sort of bladder inside the housing that has ruptured as there needs to be a lot of mechanical force to push the latch lever out and compress the return spring inside the piston housing. I have ordered a new latch assy. and it appears that this one has been replaced just a few years ago.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome