Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - 2010 GLK350 4MATIC Transfer case leaking and drive shaft loose
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Justin Reilly
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2019
Vehicle: 2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2010 GLK350 4MATIC Transfer case leaking and drive shaft loose

Hello all,

I just got a 2010 GLK350 4MATIC private sale with 115,000 miles on it (so no warranty) and found that the output shaft seal is leaking as well as it has an occasional noticeable shift. I thought it would be a relatively easy and cost effective fix as from what I had read the shaft seals can leak transmission fluid when they start wearing out, which could cause the hard shifts. I took it to a foreign car mechanic and he says that the output shaft seal to the front differential is leaking. He also said that the drive shaft felt loose in the transfer case and that there is probably internal damage to the transfer case. He told me he couldn't help and that I need to take it to the dealer. He said I might need a new transfer case as well as a transmission. I am really shocked as I have a 2006 C280 4MATIC with transfer case issues and from what I have learned and experienced you can always hear or feel something when the transfer case needs a flush etc. The GLK sounds absolutely normal when turning, accelerating, braking, etc as far as I can tell. I am also under the impression that if my driveshaft was loose I would probably know it? It drives smooth and sounds great so I am just confused about the diagnosis. I am taking it to the dealer this weekend but wanted to put this out there for anyone who might know something I don't. Super scared I just bought a lemon. I appreciate the help.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome