Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Blown Head Gasket! Questions....
View Single Post
post #83 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
dtsdig
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Feb 2011
Vehicle: 1994 Mercedes E320 Sedan 97K, 1995 Mercedes E320 Wagon 156K, 2009 VW EOS 45K (Wife's car)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to dtsdig
(Thread Starter)
I got the throttle actuator installed last night which completes the motor itself and all associated vacuum lines and wiring (minus the valve cover).
I went to install the new drive belt and discovered the whole tensioner assembly was all frozen up. I thought it was strange that the damper was completely compressed when I installed that the other day but didn't think much of it because I have never dealt with the version 1 tensioner setup before, my 95 wagon had the much simpler version 2 auto tensioner. Anyway, after loosening the bolt in the center of the tensioner and spraying everything down, it takes a lot of force to move the tensioner at all. The adjustment rod is not happy. So, another parts order will need to happen, which stinks. I started another thread to see if anybody has ever converted their version 1 setup to a version 2 setup but I have my doubts.
Brand wise, Febi seems to be it at many retailers. I'm not a Febi fan but I'm also not spending $300 on a MB tensioner. I see Rockauto lists a Gates one and a Dayco one. Not sure about either of those.

Last edited by dtsdig; 05-07-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome