Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - ASR/ABS Lights
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Brett Humphrys
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2018
Vehicle: 1995 SL320, 40K miles, 1995 SL320, 86K miles, 1995 SL500 98K miles, 1982 300SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Now that my son is back from college I am able to get back to the problem. With BobTerry's link to the manual, I was able to better diagnose the problem. Chapter 9.1, test 13.1 identified the problem. Across controller pins 10 and 30 I'm supposed to have 0.8-2.3 KOhms. I had over 200K Ohms. Then to identify where the problem was, I measured from the speed sensor plug on driver's front wheel to the plug between the fusebox and brake fluid reservoir. Wire 1 had no resistance, wire 2 had over 200K. Bingo! (I even compared to my SL320 to confirm the resistance should be almost zero with both wires).

Very odd failure given the wire has no cuts or abrasions. Anyway, ordered a used one on ebay for $30 but now must wait a week for it to arrive. I've attached a pic of the wire/cable from the left front wheel up to the fusebox area. It is for both the speed sensor and brake pad wear sensors.

BTW, not that difficult to remove the wire if you ever need to. Take the fusebox end and feed it through the wheel well.
Attached Images

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome