Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - SL500 - resonator deleted, Carlsson box installed
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
duh_vinci
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: 1995 SL320, 1995 SL500 ("Red Devil " project), 1998 C280, 2004 E500 4matic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjonesy View Post
what is the LH module and the WOT enriched unit ? I'm an SL500 newbie and learning as I go but very interested in slightly increasing the growl of the M119 without incurring long distance driving drone or performance so thanks for a very interesting thread.
Cheers!

This LH module is located under the hood, in the aluminum computer box (same area where you will find 38 pin diagnostic port, same place where the E-Gas module, and such, once the cover is opened, you will see all of them stacked in the row, basically the computer brain for these non-CIS pre-face lift cars)

Some curious minds figured out that that some early models of W140 fitted with M119 5.0L engines were equipped with LH modules that were a little different from the others, they had a Wide Open Throttle enrichment, basically "richens the mixture" at WOT... And when dyno tested, depending on the condition of M119 engine, once fitted into compatible non-W140 car, would provide additional horse power, certainly not a huge amount, but up to 10HP in some cases. Very popular mode with w124 E500E owners. Personally, I will take any known and proven upgrade/update for m119 I can get my hands on. And these are affordable.

Regards,
D

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome