Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - Urgghh!! My drivers low beam is not working after replacing the bulb
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:12 AM
Skylaw

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2013 S550
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
As far as I know, the headlight motor controls only the low beam. The link to the Intelligent Lighting System in your fog lamp thread (https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...ml?oid=9904861) indicates the low beam is moved side to side to better illuminate roadside, and lowers for better fog lighting. No other lights are mentioned as moving in that fashion. The high beams switch on or off automatically if set to do so, but they don't move. The turn assist lamp is a stationary bulb in each cluster. From that one could conclude that the motor only affects the low beam.

As to fuses, there are two "active light fuses" which may supply only the controller for ILS system (26 and 27 in the left side engine compartment fuse panel per my North American MY 2010 diagram). There are three fuses for the "exterior lamp switch" - (45, 135, and 142 on the North American diagram, one in the engine compartment, two in the trunk) but I don't know if pulling all of them will give you the shock protection you need. One of the videos I provided was emphatic about disconnecting the battery. I do not know if, like the W220, the main power to the headlamps is routed via an electronic fuse located in the SAM. Be sure to check your own fuse diagram, since the North American 2010 layout may not match your car. Still, it may save a lot of effort if the problem is a fuse.

A fuse? Yes, I know - we should be so lucky!

Warren

2013 S550

Formerly:
2010 S550
2005 S500 4-Matic
2000 S500
1978 450SL

Last edited by Skylaw; 04-25-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome